Boy Scouts: Don't let your anti-gay policy deny my son his Eagle award ! - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

Boy Scouts: Don't let your anti-gay policy deny my son his Eagle award !

GayrightsChange.org

Petition by
Karen Andresen
Moraga, CA

Despite the Boy Scouts of America's national anti-gay policy, the Mt. Diablo-Silverado Council approved gay Boy Scout Ryan Andresen's Eagle application after more than 460,000 people joined his mother’s campaign on Change.org.

Victory

Despite the Boy Scouts of America's national anti-gay policy, California-based Mt. Diablo-Silverado Council approved a gay Scouts’ Eagle application after more than 460,000 people joined a mother’s campaign on Change.org. Ryan Andresen, an 18-year-old Boy Scout from the San Francisco area, was granted an Eagle Board of Review after his campaign was featured on Ellen DeGeneres and Anderson Cooper, and supported by U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer, California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom, and 32 California state legislators. Karen Andresen launched the petition in support of her son Ryan after his Scoutmaster refused to sign off on Ryan’s Eagle application because he’s gay. Karen thanked her petition supporters and celebrated saying "I’m just so incredibly happy for Ryan. He’s worked so hard for this honor, and as a mother, it means the world to me to know that our local Scouting community believes in him, too."

Posted

Tues., Jan 8th, 13, 15:10 Hrs. M.S.T
Hi Group,
Might B Wrong Here, but I Think the Biggest Difference Was His Mon FOUGHT BACK Against Boy Scout Anti Gay Bigotry. The Difference TV Media Going to Bat, Along With Various Politicians - BIG Higher Ups, so They Had NO Choice BUT
to Give Him What He Right fully Deserved, and GET OUT of the GLARE of PUBICITY . . Bet the Scouts are "Mad as Hell" Because They Couldn't Practice
Their Anti Gay Policies.
Tnx,
Operator..

Posted

Mad as Hell, won't start a fire like too sticks and some dry brush, they should know that! lol!

Posted

Tues., Jan 8th, 13, 18:50 Hrs. M.S.T.
Hi Group,
When I Was a Teenager I was in the "Boy Scouts' in Canada. I Knew I Liked Guys,
but I NEVER Said Anything About It. I Kept My Mouth Shut. etc. Things Like Bring
Queer/Homosexual Where NEVER Brought Up or Talked About as Part of the Scout Program etc. 50s, 60s or 70s or 80s for that Matter.
I Figure the Issue of Adults Hitting on Boys in the States or Canada Has Been an Issue Kept Under Raps for a VERY LONG TIME - YEARS. One of Those Things They WON'T Discuss or Address - Justice for say Sexual Abuse etc.
If They Ever Want Their Respect Back, They Need to Address the Issues of
Abuse, Gays and Other Issues LIKE IT Or NOT. and NOT B Influenced by the
Christian Right.
Guess Only Time Will Tell.

Tnx.,
Operator.