Spanish Speakers - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

I am curious to know how many of our members are spanish speakers?
If you'd care to share, are you a native speaker? Is it your second language? Did you grow up speaking Spanish at home but English at school? Oh and "which" Spanish!

Lol.

I would consider myself a "get by" Spanish speaker as I learned it when I moved to Spain 9 years ago! I know, I should be fluent, but I spent the first four years of my time here in English speaking jobs! (that's my excuse!)

Let me know, por favor :0)

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I lived in Barcelona too in 1990 and then again 1992 and 93. I learned to get by in Spanish but wasn't terribly interested in learning Catalan. My Spanish knowledge has declined horribly! Oh well...

DEE_TORRES
Posted

Bueno mis amigos o amigas que puedan tradusi a otro eso me encataria soy latina y me encanta conpartir con otras personas de diferentes razas pienso que todos somos bendecisidos por esa naturaleza tan bella espero algun dia conocer a esa mujer femenina que me ba hacer feliz algun dia.Espero que alguien especial lo tradusca y conparta el amor que siento por nosotros (tras) personas tan particulares y especiales como nosotros personas que amamos porque nos gusta ser amados nose yo me siento como TU....

Posted

One would think in nine years time you'd be fluent considering it's Spain, lol.

I'm first generation American, but both sides of my family are from Spain (Galicia and Madrid). I learned Spanish as a kid, but then we only spoke English in my house as my parents wanted to improve/lose their accents. Over the years I lost most of it, but as an adult I've picked it back up living in Miami.

Now that I'm living in San Antonio, Tx it's weird w/ 63% of the population being Latin, they don't speak Spanish more. I'm not going to lose my Spanish again and use it as often as possible.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I picked up my Spanish on the floor of a sweatshop, I spoke Portuguese, a creole patois from Cabo Verde, and Italian, so spanish wasn't much of a stretch, everyone in the envelope factory spoke either Portuguese or Spanish. It was Puerto rican Spanish, and I best understand the accent from El Yunque.

Millie_Camacho
Posted

Well mine is a good combination my father was born at Islas Canarias move to Puerto Rico at a very young age,my mother was born at Ireland also move to Puerto Rico,funny cause i now have the best of both worlds like some puertoricans says.BTW Spanish from El Yunque hahahha thats way too funny Tristam that really dont exist hahahah funny ur comment .And me after spending years at Barcelona and Salamanca and dealing with tons of Gallegos im so proud to say that i speak Spanish(my first language),English ,some Gallegos words and Irish too.Podria decirte que soy totalmente bilingue,y me fascina hablar espa~nol es un idioma mas sexy que el ingles

Elvia_Beck
Posted

Yo soy 1/2 Alemana y 1/2 Mexicana....bueno, mi madre era mas India que los cerros! LOL Gusto de encontrar amistades. Now let's talk!

Posted

well i'm a native speaker...spanish is my 1st language...only cuz my mom insisted that my siblings & i had to learn cuz she & our grandma only spoke spanish...i'm glad she did tho...cuz at the end of the day...it's a vital part of who we are...

DEE_TORRES
Posted

Hola!!! estoy muy contenta que alla comensado un lugar para practicar y comunicar este idioma tam bell.Por favor comensemos a comunicarnos en este idioma para que conocer a esos que no dominan el segundo idioma,espero escuchar de ti...

Posted

Hola!
Sí vamos a ofrecer Gays.com en español. Es mucho trabajo así que apoyadnos!

DEE_TORRES
Posted

Buenos dias mi gente!! espero que continuen comunicandose por esta emisora y este presioso canal se que tienen que haver mucho esperando saber la gran solpresa ya llegara con muchas recetas latinas que quiero compartir con ustedes espero que pasen un bello dia..