love. Though I am forever changing,
Our love remains the same until
The end of time
by
Maxwell Ethan Cullen

i dedicate this poem to my lover Jared W. Moore

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

It's beautiful, Maxwell-- is Max okay, too? I bet Jared loves it. Maybe you could word process your poem and frame it for him. That way he could put it, up, where he could always see it.

Posted

nice poem max, and nice comment david

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I like the way your elements continue to intermingle.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Vary,vary,nice .........

Posted

hmmm! this poems sounds mighty familiar
like one of mine!

Posted

ok im just gonna says this out right this poem that this guy put in here my poem! THE WIND AND THE MOUNTAIN

You are the wind, I am the mountain on this barren world.
Still and unmoving, I stand alone until you flow over me.
Your gentle breezes caress my highest peeks. But in time
your love weathers me until I am no more than dust, which
flows with you mingling together. Then I settle down on the
earth, our love created the fertile soil. Again I am alone, I
await your return. Then suddenly you caress me once more.
You carried with you the seeds of life and spread them upon
me. And this once barren world, now teaming with life because
of our love. Though we are forever changing, our love remains
the same until the end of time...

read it all and you can clearly see that he stole it!!!!! i am very upset right now

Posted

isn't anyone going to comment about this??

Posted

I can't believe that this guy can steel my work and get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

No one, Paul, has gotten away with anything. You have made your case, and Maxwell has not made any defense. You have carried your point, therefore, and, unless Maxwell can refute the charge, you have made a successful challenge as to the authorship of "The Wind and the Mountain".

Your poem is so beautiful it is no wonder someone else would want to claim it for his own.

Posted

thank you David it really hurt me that he would do this and then have the balls to put it on this site where I come to share my poems, the thing that really hurts is if he wanted to use it to dedicate it to his love I would have doe it for him if he had asked me that is why I am so upset over this

Posted

i need to say one more thing about this whole nasty business he needs to take my poem down immediately on this i won't compromise i want him to take it down or i will take legal action against him he is a plagiarist he broke the law he should be banned from here!

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

I run Lovers of 20th Century Science Fiction, and I can remove any posting there I find objectionable; in fact, Gays.com encourages removal of objectionable postings; so maybe the Group Owner of this site section would remove the poem if you asked her to do so. You could also go to the site administrators if you wanted, Paul.

I know how you feel about plagiarism-- quite apart from having been an English teacher, I also have a book selling online all around the world. I got really upset when I found my publisher selling an electronic version of my book without my permission. We are having royalties issues. I understand an electronic version of he book is no longer available.......

Posted

just so I'm clear here I am not blaming gays. com for this that is why i haven't contacted Nicole Orwan I just want this maxwell pos to remove the poem that is all David. I will contact her if there is no other alternative

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

You are a fine writer and a fine poet, Paul.

No one can take those two things away from you.

You really touched me with your poem.

A guy would have to be a fool to walk away from you. Vergil had the same problem-- he was deeply in love with a young man, whom Vergil characterized in a poem as a shepherd, I believe-- but, apparently, things did not work out for Vergil with his handsome young shepherd................ Oh, well, there are more shepherds in the field-- I hope Vergil found one of them, one who could appreciate him!

Posted

I am trying to understand what you've said here first let me say thank you for the lovely things you have said about me and my poetry but I must ask and please tell me if i am wrong about what you've said here I thought his name is Maxwell? is his name Vergil? or maxwell? and the second thing is we all at some point have bad relationships I feel bad that he had to go through that but that should not be a reason for him because he was hurt by some one to go and hurt me by steeling my work if you ever get to speak with him I would like you to tell him that I would like to speak to him my self to try to understand why he did this... again thanks for the kind words David 8-)

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

My apologies, Paul-- i wasn't thinking about Maxwell at all but only of your poem.

Your poem put me in mind of the ancient Roman poet, Vergil, the composer of the epic poem, _The Aeneid_ . Apparently Vergil had fallen in love with a young man, who did not return Vergil's affection. So, Vergil wrote a poem about this young man, whom he loved, and characterized him as a young and handsome shepherd-- probably to disguise the young man's true identity: the young man was probably a member of the Roman nobility, as was Vergil.

History does not record if Vergil ever found another man, with whom to share his love and his bed,, but I hope he did..........

Posted

i hope he did too but you what i wanna do i just want to put this whole nasty thing behind me so as long as my poem doesn't pop up any where else I'm godd with that.....8--)

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

@Paul: Oh, just marry me, you romantic, poetic darlin', you---and make an honest 'mo out of me !! LOL

You can bring me flowers and sugar-free bon-bons-- and we can recline on the lush, green grass, eat cheese, and drink wine, while you recite your poems.......

Ah--- forget the wine---I'll bring a bottle of whiskey......... : ))