Chud

Losing my emotions to music - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I've known for a long time that music can help to steal your soul in a land of calmness and emotion - it's even better when you find a song that describes your exact feelings - a particular song that stole my heart came last year when I was going through a very difficult break up after 11 months the song that helped was Someone like You by Adele - it really helped mend my broken heart and although it took a very difficult 8 months I finally found someone else in September 2011 (although he would also go on to break my heart... TWICE!!)
In my emotional state I have been dependant on music to help me through and back in 2010 I dabbled in a little but of piano playing and recently I pulled out my good old electric piano and started playing a few notes and a few pieces of music and I totally lost myself and my emotions were hindered for them few minutes, as we say in Wales 'A song played loud enough can block out the painful screaming from the heart' and it's true - I have now decided to take up piano lessons after Christmas and extend my knowledge on the piano and I'll be able to lose myself in the world of music whenever the Fuck up Fairy pays me a visit!

Gena_Vasilev
Posted

i will agree with you because in my own experience when i wes in love with my boyfriend and after we break up only music helps me to feel alive.

Marcus_Sykes
Posted

Yeah ... Got to agree with that 100%
Right down to the tune involved. Some are aware my partner left my after an 11 year relationship :-(
I sing Adelle out loud everytime I hear her. It has helped me.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Music hath the charm so calm the savage beast. Music is how I cope, Billie Holiday for the blues, Bette Midler for the breakups and The Pointer sisters for the inspiration to go on. almost everything in my life has been put to music, from personal to political. Recently due to a series of unfortunate luck, my life is an experiment in terror lately, I refound some important music. My tragic relationship issues were highlighted in Voices Carry by Til Tuesday.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Music has been known to do that. In fact it can work in both ways. One time I was working in a office and thee was a "boss" who was a total bitch. In fact she brought out the worst in me to the point that had she NOT been female I;d have taken her to the parking lot and beat the crap out of her. One day she made me SO mad that on the way home I put on classical music and I HATE classical Music.
For the most part certain love songs evoke memories of differtn kinds. Too many songs to use as examples, Music CAN soothe us when we are angry, pick us up and make us happy when we are sad, remind us of past loves and give us hope for good times to come.
Viva La Music...

Tiggerdean
Posted

It's wonderful to see this kind of support for an oft overlooked art form.
I wish more people could see the value of music.
As a musician I have also seen music change lives.
I worked with a young man with autism who had to be restrained daily and would bite himself all the time. I filled in for two weeks at his program and he only needed restraint 3x and never bit himself in that entire two weeks.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Sounds like toy helped the young man on multi levels. In his own way I am sure he is very thankful. Now if we could find a cure for Autism...

Tiggerdean
Posted

I wish we could find a cure. it seems to be getting worse. At least we know how to help folks with developmental disabilities have fulfilling lives for the most part.
Music is a big part of that.