Koryn_Plunket

Whatever; Nevermind - Your WRITES

Posted

Brittany and I journeyed through the streets of New Orleans with Miss Niece and a young woman who's name leaves me at the moment. Brittany and I ordered a take-out vegetarian pizza, and sat our small posse at a table just across the street outside of some restaurant. People passed by in evening wear, looking at us like some kind of deformity. I guess our holey genes, cut off shorts, and band tees weren't good enough for a kind face. Brittany and I discussed the importance of vegetarianism, the methods of screwing the system, and our beloved Kurt Cobain. All the sudden, the young woman who had partook of our Jazzfest, take-out supper, looked at us in bewilderment. "You mean to tell me a couple of smart gal like you would idolize that suicidal crack head?" Yes, we would, in fact. But other than a reiteration of my admiration, I could not find the words to explain. Not everyone was locked inside Cobain's heart-shaped box. "My suicidal rockstar is better than your strung out slut?" (She had expressed her taste in Spears earlier).
There was simply nothing I could say. Then the thought process brought me further: Yes, society hates people like Spears or Cobain or Snoop Dog, but they were the ones that shaped these people, they were the ones that nominated these people to live a life style of the rich and famous. Whatever. Nevermind.
We let society rape us (and our friends, and then we let them do it again).
It's clear to me that we cannot bleach the skid marks off our faces. The entire quire can stand up and tell me that they hate cooperation, politicians, and tv musicians, but the truth of the matter is that Pop Culture is the reflection of ourselves in a mirror we cannot break. We found our friends is Pop Culture--our idols--we're so ugly but we don't care. Because as long as our will is good, there isn't broken ears. I am a student who bit the poison apple, mimicking lyrics like Polly with dirty feathers and broken wings. Whatever...nevermind.
We're all standing outside of the establishment singing "Hey, wait, we've got a new complaint". But truth be told we're always in debt to the "priceless advice" of the latest philosophy.Here I am now, I sit and drink Pennyroyal tea as I contemplate the newest "disease", but all I can say is "Entertain us". I feel stupid, and this mentality is contagious. Whatever. Nevermind.

Note: there is a ton of Cobain's lyrics in this excerpt.
The songs I used were: Lithium, Smells Like Teen Spirit, PennyRoyal Tea, Heart-shaped Box, Rape Me, and Polly.

Posted

And you simply compiled their lyrics into an essay? Wow .. It's a great piece of work !!!

Ella x^______________^x

Posted

Yes, I figured Nirvana songs a lot about (what I interpret) as to be against the system, so I decided, hey this is about Pop Culture. Nirvana, no matter how much they hated it, was apart of Pop Culture.
Thank You (:

Posted

If you're writing again, please do sent me a link. I m looking forward to read your work. lol So hard to stay away especially I love to write n read. But I don't think I can write like you (haha)

PS : Looks like I have ot search those songs you mention here lol Music heals our souls just as much as writing does xx

Posted

It does: thank you! I've read some of the things you've posted: we write in different styles, but you write beautifully
Today, I shall post an excerpt of this paper I wrote for my history class.
We wrote it over the evolving roles women since 1775 until 1885.

Posted

I love the way Kurt Cobain thinks and writes:
"I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes."

I love how he just wants to wake up our senses and question what we are being told.

Good work Koryn

Posted

Thank you. Cobain has always been one of my favourite icons.
A lot of people put up this facade of "I don't believe in the system: cooperate machines, money mongrels, and 'ideologs' can go to hell", rebel, rockstar attitude, but they do for the sake of the money in their pocket.
Cobain was sincere about his hate. He said it many times: "I hate when I walk down the street and hear "Smells Like Teen Spirit" being hummed. I'm the sell-out I sing about."
In many ways, the drug abuse and suicidal tendencies can be linked to the fact that he hated what he had become.

Posted

Conbain was a truly creative spirit who I think was scared of losing his freedom to be different. He freaked out at the though of his music being mainstream. He was a angry young man feeling like he not only sold out but was being made to conform. He found himself all of a sudden being a dad which meant he had to start being responsible and he felt the pressures of life. I saw a interview with him and Courtney they were so in love and wanted the freedom they had but felt it slipping away. It was sad we lost a true free spirit life means we can't always be who we are and do what we want.

Posted

Koryn, you read mine too ? Which did you read? Mine is not that good as yours .. Not that good as Carol's n Jillian's too haha .. There are so many talented writers here n I really love reading. I have just seen some new posts from Jillian again haha.. But where is yours? I didn't see any.. Mind to send me the link please?

Posted

Yes, I've read some of your's. However, I don't remember the names. I'm more visual, so I remember the writer's avatar, and thinking you had some awesome ones'. Don't sell yourself short, love; you have a ton of talent, too!

Posted

I could not agree more, Carol. I'm a Voltaire and Locke fanatic; individual liberties are liberties that should never be violated!
I guess in that sense, I'm what you'd deem as a "free spirit". However, I'm not so free to the point that living in life suffocates me the way it had Cobain. I'm just like every one else, standing outside, buying into the newest regime.
The lose was a weighty one, but as the Dark Knight once said, "You can die a hero or watch yourself turn into evil,".
(I'm not sure if what I'm saying is making total sense. I'm speeding on caffeine, so pleas excuse me if I begin to babble).

Posted

haha.. thanks Koryn.. I just love to write n that's the best I m at It XD (hopefully doesn't sound like I m bragging lol) Yeah I post loads of stuffs here lol, most are blabbering (lol) Then I got my fav lyrics also my poems. Well, my mentor is here too (lol) The one w her specs on w an animation profile picture (Lo_Oking at Carol lol)

Thank you.. n I can't wait to read more of your masterpiece xx

Posted

aww blush I think you are all awesome
@Ella you know I love your work and as I always say just keep writing from your heart.
@Koryn feel free to message me anytime I always answer my mail here. I look forward to reading what you write here.