Dating dilemma! - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

So, I thought it would be fun to start an occassional discussion series about dating and some hypothetical situations, which you actually might have experienced

Here's the first. Imagine you've started to date someone. They're really funny, sexy, intelligent, happy... just what floats your boat! But you've noticed when snogging, that, erm, their breath is a bit rancid. Very off-putting! How would you deal with it? You want to keep seeing themm but don't want the smelly breath with it!

Over to you!

Posted

Maybe if you are really interested you can find a not too aggressive way to bring it up and educate him a bit?

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

Well, after regaining consciousness, I would have to tell him somehow-- maybe make a small joke of it? "Hey, what did you have for lunch/dinnrer; I can smell it on your breath?" Then if his response seemed receptive, I might point out that he could use the mouthwash in the bathroom.

I would do him the same courtesy because kissing is one of my favorite things, but, upon waking in the morning, nobody has good breath, and before beginning the 'pre-breakfast session', I do at least rinse out my mouth.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I'd offer him a breath mint and ask what all did he have for lunch.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

I like Tristram's advice. My way works only if you're at home or some place like that-- but what if you're in his or your car,for instance?? In a situation like that, you could keep breath mints handy. Like Tristram, I'd offer him a breath mint if I had it-- and, while he is sucking on the breath mint, I would quickly find something to suck : ))

Partly as a peace offering--- just in case I may have bruised his feelings........

And, partly-- because I was headed in that direction anyway. : )

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

If i drive to Texas will you do me with a mint in your mouth, sounds refreshing. (I may still be Mae West, I channel her alot). And goodness had nothing to do with it (there she goes again, W.C.Fields'll be showing up soon, they travel ina pair my little chickadee, Told ya.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

Now, Darlin', I don't want to choke on that damn mint ! : )

Besides, I'm diabetic-- gotta take my sugar in other ways...........

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

OK, how bout a couple a ice cubes in your mouth, that works too?

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

Those aren't the couple of things I had in mind............

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Really birthday boy, tell me more, but becareful what you wish for, I like to give birthday wacks. I could always find you some sugar free cough drops, so you won't choke on anything from having a dry throat. They come in more flavors every winter, I jus' got some ta Dollar Tree.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

No cough drops, Darlin'-- but I could go for a couple of sweet chestnuts........

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Love the way ya call me darlin', I can hear that Texas accent. I been told by the experts who have ...examined me ...that my chestnuts are large and pendulous. Apparently they say that it's a good thing. Meu batito, meu gato.