World Aids Day - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

Hey everyone
I'm sitting thinking how design a red ribbon on my body to support World Aids Day on Saturday. Eric and Calvin have their photos up already.

Was contemplating drawing it on my buttocks! hehehe, but that would be against the rules!!

Anyone got ideas of what they are gonna do? Was thinking about some red ribbons in my hair...but my hair is ever so short now! lol

How are you gonna do it? Can't wait to see how many of you will upload your photos...maybe we can do a collage of them all and put them on Facebook...

What do you think?

Posted

Tara I say break a rule we want to see your sexy butt lol
I lost a brother in-law to aids so of course I'll be doing something
Mmm maybe I'll break a rule or two hehe
Dare me?

Posted

Carol...I dare you!!!

Posted

Well promise not to delete the picture?

Posted

I'm thinking maybe I should do something like Calvin
If that's ok for him to do why not me?

Posted

I tell you what, if whatever you do is tasteful (hehehe) and you get your group members in the Get Happy group to do something toooooooo...we promise not to delete the picture...how about that?

Posted

Of course I'll be good with a naughty twist and yes I'll keep it tasteful.
I can't promise the Get Happy kiddies will behave though lol
But let's do it.

Posted

Well I came to make a comment about the ribbons in the hair and now I am stoked to see what you come up with for pics

But just to leave my original comment, Ha!

if you wanted to put something cool on your short hair you can do what mom's do- use a little corn syrup to stick the ribbon down. Non toxic and completely washable. Now I have never heard a baby tell me how it feels to have corn syrup and sticky ribbons on their heads...

Sarah_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

awww my hair ribbon feels tame now , watcha wanna do carol lol

Posted

I had a few ideas but I found something with red ribbons on

Posted

Thanks CJ, I decided to go for the butt option! hahahaha

Posted

I decided to behave and just show a little bra.

Posted

Oh no, why did you change your ribbon, Amy!! Your ribbon was very creative!!! Change it back!!! Hehehe

Posted

@Sarah, you're a trendsetter with that red ribbon in your hair!

Posted

Tara is a pooh pooh head
Take away her fun police badge
Amy's picture was the best she should win.
Why is it ok for the boys to have fun with this but not the girls?

Posted

Carol!! I want the body ribbon photo Amy had as profile pic BACK!

You may have misunderstood my previous post...she was in the winning for some goodies ... Let's hope she puts it up tomorrow. J and I love it!

So take it back... I not a pooh pohh head

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Tara,
What ever you deside,,i
feel that you will be Fantastic ........ lol xxx

Tommy_Storey
Posted

And you too, Carol ... lol xxx

Posted

LOL well it's Red Ribbon Day here today so pooh pooh head hehehehe let's see if you keep your promise. I think I can beat your butt pick.
The last pic was just a teaser yeah I got more :P
But are you really for my.......

Posted

OK now you all freaked out its my elbow.
And Tara you're not a pooh pooh head hehehe.
I still think Amy should win at least a T-shirt too wear with her scarf hehehe
It's cold where she lives.

Amy_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

ok its back lol

Posted

@Carol I love it!!!!! hahaha
@Amy, thank you putting it back on

@Everyone, have you been affected by Aids? Any loved ones, or friends...etc that you know who has it?

Posted

My then brother in-law Glenn was a haemophiliac he received some infected blood He was a young man who had just finished school and started his very promising career as a graphic designer. He bought his first car which he adored I think that car was the love of his life because once infected by HIV there was no chance for a relationship back then AIDS was new and very scary. We were told you could get it from as little as a kiss. Being a haemophiliac meant he had been in and out in hospital all his life so when he was sick other people just accepted it but his family kept it very quiet about him having HIV. I spent many hours with him as he slowly faded away. I was always happy and positive when I was with him and of course I always kissed him hello and good bye. We had many scares along the way thinking this was it and he some how bounced back again so when he did pass away I wasn't ready for it. That sounds crazy I know years of knowing someone is dying but when it happened I was crushed. My ex (his brother) would often take him to the football on weekends it was their time together and I never intruded on that. It was a special time his mother had passed away because of cancer and my son was just diagnosed with having autism. Gosh it was so long ago now and the treatments for HIV have improved so much. Back then it was just a matter of time but these days people are living and coping with HIV.

Sarah_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

when i was at school a girl in my year was diagnosed with hiv due to a dodgy blood transfusion,i remember the school assembley where the headmaster explained it to everyone and the letter that was sent to all the parents,the girl finished out the year but didn't return for the new year,sometimes i wonder what became of her