Danielle_Payne

perceptoins - Get HAPPY

Danielle_Payne
Posted

my partner is a major in the british army and so it was with great trepadation that at the weekend i attended my first regimental function on her arm, altho we've been a couple for nearly 2 years it is on recently that shes come out,having heard all the horror stories about the way the military treats gays i went prepared to be mocked,ignored,abused and to be left to the side alone and scorned i built myself to take it all with dignity for my partners sake only to feel a fool when i was accepted without reservation and had a great week end with them but the best thing was this morning when i received a phone call from the colonels wife asking me if i wanted to be included in the regiments phone tree for military dependents and the news letter and as the partner of an high ranking officer if i'd be prepared to take on some of the social events while they are deployed.omg i was overjoyed not only accepted but expected to be a part of regimental life its then that i realised that my perceptions had been coloured by other peoples experiences and not my own and when i'm sure some people do have bad experiences up to know mine have only been possitive and in future will trust more to my own experience before judging

Jodie_Hendricks
Posted

Danielle,
It's good that you went prepared for anything, And ended up having the time of your life. I'm sure your partner was thrilled as well. but don't let your guard completely down, cause just when you do is when everything will go to pieces.

Danielle_Payne
Posted

jodie thats true in all situations in life but i've decided not to go in with a negative impression from now on,spent weeks worrying for no reason when i should have been looking forward to it,if things go to pieces i'll deal with it then but till then i'll enjoy it, i've put my experience up because i think in some situation we(i mean the LGBT community) go in expecting the worse in people or not trying at all because we are conditioned to expect the worse,well for me no more i'm going in expecting the best from now on

Christine_Taylor_62839
Posted

in the past even 10 years ago it was different, its a lot better now, but your partner is an officer so even with him its different to squaddies, but at least you are now part of a larger family, something to be proud of.

Danielle_Payne
Posted

Christine, HIM how very dare you its a HER lol i don't think i've ever been more insulted didn't think the profile pic was that bad pffttt lmao only joking christine but my partner is female and so am i xxx

Posted

i am happy for you, it is about time the gays get accepted by all...

Posted

@ Danielle it's pretty clear you have a gorgeous girl friend I think it's time Christine got some new specks lol.

Danielle_Payne
Posted

rofl thanks carol xxxxxx