Jillian_Anka

Goodbyes are not forever - Poetry Group

Posted

Goodbyes are not forever, Goodbyes are not the end, They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again! I am waiting for you my Renee’

Renee’ Summers
My words by Jillian Anka

One day I met a beautiful lady
Sweet and very funny
Her smile melted me like hot honey
Her eyes so blue
And a heart always true

When I first saw her
She showed me strength that few have never seen
Fighting her cancer
As she would fight a cold
Saying, “I am bound to grow old”

She took me from a point of weakness
When I was so down and low
She made me smile
Taking me into her life
The cancer in her body began to run rife

She means so much to me
She May be leaving from the land of the living
But with me she will always be
Because my memory holds her dearly
And her pen wrote many a brave tale

Most of all I love her
A love that will always stay
Inside my heart
Buried deep in my soul
I have no memory before there was you
You will always be in my thoughts
You are my best
Most dear friend
You are Renee’ Summers
You are a rarity and hard to find

Be assured my best friend
I will never forsake you
As others have
In your hour of need
I’ll sit here beside you
And hold your hand
Till your last breath is drawn
And then I will sit here some more

I love you my BEST friend Renee’ Summers
Thank you for showing me your strength
And your courage
Sleep well my love
Sleep peacefully my Renee’

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.

Posted

You have a hello here Jillian. I to lost my father to cancer. What I can't see is why they haven't found a cure for this disease yet. Guess maybe it is a billion dollar corporate business. I also know what you mean by the hurt of having to say goodbye. As I put it in my blog, a line from Joni Mitchell's song "Big Yellow Taxi". "Don't it always seem to go, you never what you have till it's gone. They paved paradise and put a parking lot.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

A very, very beautiful song of love, song of the heart--song of a loving heart

Posted

thank you Mark and David, i love that song too. My dear Friend Renee' passed away from Lymphoid leukaemia, she was so brave to the very end. I miss her SOOOOOOOOooooooo Much (tears)

Posted

You're very welcome Jillian. I say that line because I wished I'd spent more time with both my parents before their deaths. I was only ten when my mom died. My dad died in 2001 from lymphoma.

Posted

yeah that's sad, i spent the last months at Renee' side 24/7

Posted

I pretty much did the same with my dad because he'd grown too weak from the chemotherapy.

Posted

Who is Renee' Summers?

"It's a hard question to answer who was this person how can anyone answer ?
When words are never enough to capture a life.
The Renee' I knew was a wonderful lady, most knew her as a poet, she inspired me and so many others to just write.
Write down your feelings.
Renee' wrote this:

Who is Renee' Summers? (not a poem)
by Renee' Summers

I was asked a question the other day. “Who are you? Who is Renee’ Summers”? I stopped and had to think, who this person is?

Well… I am a woman who was born in Dallas, grew up in many different cities in the world; my father’s job took us too many places. From South Africa to London and Brazil and Berlin along the way, my mother is a true Texan and my father a South African. They were very traditional people and believed that life should be lived along the straight and narrow. So when my gay feelings began to emerge as a 13 year old, trouble was soon to follow. No! I was not some tomboy who wanted to be a boy; in fact it is exactly the opposite. I was a very feminine girl, who love to dress up and being fashionable excited me. But and this is where my life began to change, I found other pretty woman and girls appealing, I would stare in amazement at their beauty and I wanted to be with a girl.
A long story short, I ran away from home at a young age and worked my way through school, college and varsity.
Suddenly my life was so exciting and fun, moving between countries and living in some of the most wonderful cities in the world. As the song goes; “I drank champagne on a yacht, and I did some whoring, I have slept with queens and even a gothic singer”.
I then met the wildest, yet sexiest girl in the world. My Anne, for 5 years we did so many things, that any person could only dream of. In fact in this short time we lived many lives. Then one day in her wildness she hurt me beyond explanation. Our dream came crashing down, and in a short while I received a phone call she was in a coma, she had taken bad drugs. She woke just for a short while, and I held her tight and told her I love her, as she took her last breath. My Anne passed away peacefully.
A year after Anne passed; I was diagnosed with Lymphatic Leukemia. So for the past three years I have been living between my apartment and the hospital, Surgery after surgery and chemo and radiation treatment as well. My life has become a living hell. Yes, there are good moments, and Oh God! There are bad moments as well.
I have been writing most of my life, but the past few years I have written so much. There are many dark poems, with some loving poems as well. Through all the madness, I found a wonderful lover and she has become my wife. Maria a beautiful blonde Greek girl has shown me the way back. She has given me a reason to live again. She is my Maria Elena (my Le). I love her so dearly.
I have left out a VERY important person in my life and that is my DEAREST friend Sally Starbride, she was there when all my problems began, and helped me work through them. With bleeding wrists she commanded me to get help and I thank her for that.
If I had to begin to write down all those who have played a part in my life, I would probably write 100 pages. But there are some truly special friends; Carol, Jillian, Suz, Brens, Renee, Shawna, CK, Penny, Anna, Jessica, Liz V, and all the others I may have left out. I love and thank them all.

So back to the question, who is Renee’ Summers, I really am not sure. But I can assure you, she is mad, wild, loving and caring, emotional, painful, and oh god! She has such a temper, a real brat at times.
But one thing I truly live for is to write, as you say, I love my ink. Hehehehehe, so when you read my words, you will have a lil insight to whom this person really is. "