The World Wide Web Is amazing. - Get HAPPY

Posted

On those days when things might be running slow or something is not quite working the way it should and you find yourself say "the Internet is shit"
Maybe if you remember all the amazing things we can do when we use it you might forgive the bad days. We now have instant communication with friends and family around the world. We even make friends with people we'd simply never meet because they live in others countries.
If you want to know something or learn how to do something just goggle it.
You're sure to find not only the answer but lots of other amazing facts.
You can now do your banking and pay bills and shop without leaving your home.
Now you can get the Internet on your phone as well making us always connected.
The World Wide Web truly is an amazing thing.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Things have sure changed haven't they. I remember when all I could get was dial up and talk about slow. It has come a long way.

Alfawolf

Sarah_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

truly amazing but it does lend itself to impersonalisation,must admit i still make it a point to pay bills etc in person,can see a day when all we'll do is sit in our little rooms and work,interact and live without ever having to see someone in real life just virtual even now i wonder how i survived without the internet

Posted

I Remember we had Pigeon's 2 Carry Messages. LOL

Sarah_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

2 tin cans and a piece of string lol xx

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Dose anyone remember the old party line where you did not know who was listing in

Alfawolf

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

The internet is amazing! I've look up everything from how to roast my own pine nuts to medical conditions. I've enjoyed youtubes, discovered new music and bands my friends have recommended. I find the time and weather conditions for various places in the world at random. I have found several sites where I have such dear friends. But I don't know if I care for instant news. Matter of fact, I don't read the news, I find out from petition sites about the things I care about most. I have no TV, and rarely by my local mountian paper, never buy magazines. At the end of your day, there are things that didn't get done, pets and loved ones (sometimes) who have missed our company terribly. There has to be a balance, a measure of self control. I love walking in the rain more then www. I love playing and snuggling with my two dogs more than youtube. But if you need me to share and care, I there, virtually anyway!

@sarah: I agree and still believe non sexual human touch is some of the best medicine around, along with laughter. My younger brother and sister and I would have cans and string running everywhere. Good memories!

@richard: oops! I wondered how that note ended up on my dinner plate, skrawny leg, btw lol!

@dennis: when I couldn't sleep when I was little, I would get on just to eaves drop. My mom finally figured out when I asked too many questions one day.

Posted

@ Debbie so u ate my Pigeon, i have Reported Him Missing.

Sarah_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

debbie is related to dastardly and muttley "stop that pigeon now" sat morning cartoons still watch em whenever i can lol

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

@richard: guess you should remove him from you M.I.A. list and let them know he had been added to the M.E.N.U. list.....lol

@sarah: loved sat. morning cartoons! Precious pup, top cat w/officer Dibble, tom and jerry, flintstones........lol, good memories

Dennis_Mix
Posted

What about the road runner? I loved them.

Alfawolf

Posted

Yeh Alfwolf, The Road Runner was the Greatest, WOW did i Laugh into Tear's with him, i Just Loved the Cyothe and his Schemes. hahahaha

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

Oh definitely.........all his ACME gimmicks, lol poor coyote

Posted

I Knew i spelled it wrong, Oh wait, Cyothe is Gaelic for Coyote, yeh that's Cool.

Christine_Taylor_62839
Posted

well i have seen all the cartoons you mentioned, but loved animated films a lot like heidi, snow white, sleeping beauty, little mermaid, and the voice characterisations by mel blanc, mabey thats why i like the art i share with a special friend, to me the pics have a deeper meaning.
Sarah, dont ever let the internet keep you in a box, its nice i know, but imagine what it would be like locked in a box, no internet , tv, or dvd, or phone, and just beyond the door, life with people enjoying life, whilst your alone in the dark, its no fun, even worse at xmas.

Christine_Taylor_62839
Posted

richard dont confuse them, or start using the gaelic, most dont understand it, you were the only one to understand the poem i posted on here long ago, he he, hows it go LMFAO, yep you taught me that one on here, nn, huni xxxxx

Posted

I am fine Christine, How's u Babe. xoxoxo.

Sarah_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

christine lady and the tramp best disney ever,when i was little wanted to be lady hehe,still waiting for disneys first les character tho lol

Amy_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

wait in your mind does that make me the tramp mm pass the spaghetti

Sarah_Alexander-Madigane
Posted

my tramp lol mmm italian at the weekend?

Dennis_Mix
Posted

That sounds like fun. Hope you have fun

Alfawolf

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Aye it has changed the world
as we once knew it for Ever .............