hi I wrote this poem a while ago but i wanted to share it with you all - Poetry Group

Posted

THE WIND AND THE MOUNTAIN

You are the wind, I am the mountain on this barren world.
Still and unmoving, I stand alone until you flow over me.
Your gentle breezes caress my highest peeks. But in time
your love weathers me until I am no more than dust, which
flows with you mingling together. Then I settle down on the
earth, our love created the fertile soil. Again I am alone, I
await your return. Then suddenly you caress me once more.
You carried with you the seeds of life and spread them upon
me. And this once barren world, now teaming with life because
of our love. Though I am forever changing, our love remains
the same until the end of time...

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

Very beautiful poem!

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Interesting analogy. It sounds like a fable of creation, very nice.

Posted

thank you David I'm glad you liked it

Posted

it is my take on it

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

Exactly right, Tristram-- it does have a mythological and cosmological quality-- and how beautiful to associate creation mythos with homosexual love.

The poem does more than celebrate the love between two people-- it also shines a light of a special quality on homosexual love so that, portrayed in a mythological context, homosexual love takes on a different appearance, helping us to appreciate it more.

Homosexual love has been around for so long!! It can be found in the earliest civilizations. Homosexuality, as a way of life, predates all that moderns know of everything from politics to culture.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

David, if you are interested in ancient customs in volving homosexuals and related populations do some research on the Native American belief regarding Two Spirit People. Most Precontact Native american cultures not only accepted, homosexuality, bisexuality and transgenderism but regarded it as a gift and reserved honorable tribal roles for just such members of their clans.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

That's an excellent idea, Tristram. You've got me curious about the Two Spirit People.

The ancient Greeks have always fascinated me with their casual acceptance of the concept that homosexuality could bring out manliness in a man. And, of course, it makes sense that only a man can really understand another man's sexual needs.

Of course, we homosexual men don't need any ancients to teach us about the wonder of homosexual sex-- the pleasure that is possible between two men. I can still remember my first time vividly. I had no idea that such pleasure was possible. Paul's poem helps us to see how much greater is the wonder of homosexual love -- not just sex-- but sex married to love. As many homosexual men know very well: when two men love each other with all their heart, they seem to create a new universe, a new dimension, in which sometimes it may even seem for a while that only they two exist........

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

David, you will find that while recovering the lost threads of precontact culture, language and religion many native groups are relearning their social mores to what they were before European subjagation. Two spirit People are a part of that reawakening.

Posted

Time and love go hand in hand, we love one another for a time, then we sometimes find ourselves apart and then we need those loving times again. When the love returns we embrace it with a new vigour, and smiles return to our hearts
beautiful poem and well written

Posted

that is what i wanted to portray and i used the creation mythos to depict that love gay or straight is a positive force to me love it's the force that binds the universe together, it is the most powerful force ever created I also want to tech with my poems that there is no shame in two men or two women loving each other love is love as they say lol

Posted

I just wanted to thank you David and tristram and jillian for your awesome comments they are much appreciated 8-)

Posted

and I also wanted to say thanks very much for making me feel so welcome
here 8-)