Liberian Church: ‘Leave gay rights to America’ - The Gay Christian Network

Liberian Church: ‘Leave gay rights to America’

Christian and Muslim faith leaders have officially launched a campaign against gay rights in Liberia

11 November 2012 | By Joe Morgan

Source: Gay Star News

Source Link: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/liberian-church-%E2%80%98leave-gay-rights-america%E2%80%99111112

A clergyman has lashed out at the influence of foreign powers in Liberia.

Rudolph Marsh, an outspoken clergyman representing the Liberia Council of Churches, called on Christians and Muslims to remain united and work against gay rights.

Speaking at an anti-gay marriage rally on Saturday (10 November), he referred to the marriage equality wins in the US states of Maine, Maryland and Washington.

He said: ‘There are good things in America that we can copy.

‘We don’t have to copy the bad ones, let’s leave the bad ones with Americans.’

The Interreligious Council has now launched a campaign to intensify anti-gay rights in the country, despite sodomy already being a criminal act.

Recently, a bill where gay people could be either sentenced to death or life imprisonment passed through to the senate where the House of Representatives will approve it.

It will then be up to the Nobel Peace Prize winner and President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf to sign into law.

After the Liberian President said she would not sign any law approving gay rights, the United States State Department urged her to reconsider.

Johnson Sirleaf then softened her position, and said her government would ‘guarantee people’s civil liberties’.

She now faces pressure from the Interreligious Council, who is seeking 1 million signatures for their campaign.

According to the head of the citizen’s movement, Jim Tornonlah, more than 25,000 signatures have already been gathered.

Liberia’s only known gay rights campaigner Archie Ponpon told the Associated Foreign Press that people should be allowed to believe what they want, but it does not give them the right to attack him verbally and physically.

He said he is ‘trying to liberalize the minds of people about the rights of others to do what they want to do.’

Ponpon was mobbed at least twice after he announced the formation of his gay rights group, and his mother’s house was burned to the ground.

Sirleaf Johnson was awarded the Novel Peace Prize in 2011, but some gay activists have said she should be stripped of the award if she backs down on her promise to veto further anti-gay legislation.

Recently, I learned that Christians are following me, listening to my phone calls, monitoring my computer activity, and wrecking havoc on my personal life. Oddly this is being done because I sued three major Bible publishing corporations for adding the idea that homosexuals wouldn't inherit the Kingdom of God, to the Scripture. In fact, I learned that this was done in 1973; and later, revised from Bible to Bible, publisher -to-publisher, even up to today.

Sadly after filing suit, I was tagged a criminal, who was merely seeking attention, with hopes of getting rich[smile]. I couldn't do anything but LOL! First because, I grew up poor. When I became a teen, I began shop lifting designer clothes just so I could be accepted by the straight kids, who were fagging me out, chasing me home, and beating me. When I got older, I discovered that God loves me despite anything I do here on earth; at least, as long as I confess Christ as my Lord and Savior.

So I became a Christian. After doing so, my life seemed to take this turn for the worse. Thirty-six years later, I'm still being called a fag, by the same people. I still yearn for designer clothes, so I can feel good about myself. And, I'm still being ostracized by the Christian Church, because they consider my sexual orientation deviant.

Unfortunately, I don't want to stop loving men. Sadly, I enjoy sex with men; at least, its sad for those women, who continue harassing me because I'm gay. Even worse, I'm still forced to be a Christian, because I don't believe I could continue living in this world, without the hope and faith I have gained in knowing that God loves me, and that, Jesus does too.

Therefore, for those of you who lack belief in God, or who are wondering if you have made the right decision to practice Christian beliefs: trust me, you have. However, if you are offered a so called look into the future of what is to come, don't look: remember even the angels in heaven fell, because they stopped believing in the one true GOD Almighty.

But a word of advice: BEWARE! There are some who walk in sheep clothing, seeking to devour your soul...