David_Kirkpatrick_61460

Gettin' On--- Or Takin' On?? - The Rainbow Lounge

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

You know the blush is off your rose when you walk into a liquor store to buy some brandy, and the brand you request, because you can't find it on the shelves, hasn't been made in years......... The stock guy looks at you with something like shock in his eyes, and you pretend not to notice-- while he tries to steer you to some other brands. I made my selection-- and the guy didn't even card me at the check-out ! I drink very little-- took a lot of years to get to the bottom of that bottle of brandy I had; I went out to buy another bottle because I thought I should keep some brandy on hand-- this new bottle may last me for the rest of my life! : ))

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

After not smoking for 30 yrs., mylast landlord drove me insane, and I found out that my brand is no more, cars no longer have carburators, and I've stopped asking people where they were when President Kennedy was assasinated. I also don't ask about the moon walk, gas lines or tell people that I got my first nickname from the Russian space capsule that first orbited the Earth when I was born. I do bitch and whinge about the dreadful state of customer service, the total lack of it in the 21st century. I also hate to tell people that my first car was a '59 Ford, it more than ages me as the car was two years younger than I was at 16.

And never tell young people that you learned to type on a manual, they have no idea what you are talking about, or the fact that color tv wasn't around when I was a kid. Being potty trained in an outhouse really floors 'em.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

@Tristram: I think I'm in love! : ))

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Ha,ha,ha. Aye, it is the vary same
in the UK ............ LOL xxx

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

@Tommy: Ah, yes, but with all those sweet and handsome men in the UK-- I think I could find one or two or three...... in whom to find consolation...... : )) Take the UK actor, Ed Waters--- reminds me much of my ex-husband--- I wouldn't mind sharing a few crumpets in bed with Ed-- whatever crumpets are! : ))

Smooches and Hugs back at ya, Tom..........

David

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Aye,you are not wrong there, David, my Sweet Friend ....... LOL xxx