Chud

Writers Block! - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I have writers block!
As you guys may know I write short stories as my little hobby, I'm currently in the process of re-writing a 15 part series of books I wrote as a child I'm correcting grammar errors and misspellings, giving the story more of a story control and helping the books to link into each other.
Anyway I want to take a short break from that and focus on a new book, problem is I can't seem to pluck one out, I have recently completed a book called Going Straight which involved a gay relationship and coming about problems that tried to effect that relationship, the only thing is now I want to write something different, I was starting to write a book called That Night, but I lost interest as the story was a bit too difficult to understand and follow, I want to write a good horror which is my speciality but I can't seem to bring one to mind, I have an idea in my head but for some reason I'm finding it hard to build a story onto it - It's probably due to the high amount of meds I'm on trying to control my Colitis atm.
The plan in my head involves a Vampire Clan that tries to take over the realm of the living (our world) which then provokes the action of the Slayer Clan - as this war goes on the people who live in the realm of living have no idea it's going on - as the Slayer Clan starts to lose they need the help of the chosen one a 16 year old boy who has the entire fate of humanity on his shoulders.
SEE! It's crap! The story doesn't really have any suspension on it, I can't make it go anywhere EURGH!!!

Posted

Actually, the basic premise of the story sounds really good. Have you thought about doing something completely different with it, like writing it as a screenplay? I think it would make a good movie or even a TV series.

One thing I find helps with "writers' block" is to get totally away from the paper/keyboard and do something else for a few hours. Watch TV, go out to the pub, go the movies... anything you find enjoyable that takes your mind off it.

You'd be surprised how, after a break, something will just jump into your mind, and you'll be going "Of course. Why didn't I think of that earlier?".

Posted

Something popped into my mind in the middle of Strictly Come Dancing, I have the story all worked out in my head but I have no name yet lol

Posted

Told you! ... But Strictly Come Dancing? ... Can't imagine what kind of ideas you'd get from that! :-)

Hmmm... Problem is that most of the good Vampire titles have already been taken.

Posted

This isn't a Vampire one, the story in my head went in a totally different direction, it's a book that from present to past through out the book lol
And writing that another book idea has come to mind, all ideas are popping into my head everywhere lol

Posted

I admire anyone who can write. I seem to have perennial writer's block!

Posted

Make sure you jot the ideas down and keep notes as they come to you, Richard. That way, the next time you have a block you can refer to those ideas for inspiration.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Writer's Block, eh? There is colonic irrigation, well, Edina Monsoon likes that. I believe Hemingway got trashed with hard liquor and had a disasterous homosexual liason. Sex is always fun, doesn't help with writer's block but so what, it's fun. I move on to another project until an idea jumps out at me from the blue to fix where I was blocked. Then, there's always sex, again, and again and ...Well you get the drift. I am currently working on a gay themed story between two ex lovers played out in the politics of Indian Island, Maine. God it sounds dull. But I like Maine, I have a juicy murder mystery that involves a gay policeman set in Portland, Maine. I think it's good.

Jim_Bond
Posted

Well, Richard, have you thought that the only way the Slayer Clan could EVEN contact this 16 y/o boy, is to have him become interrested in one of the Slayers (Male, of course)? As he becomes more attached to this Slayer, he finds that his love interest is threatened and is violently attacked by the Vampires without actually becoming one himself. Our young hero, by avenging the attack on his lover, then starts to lead counterattacks - thus saving the world.

Posted

I was think of the 16 year old falling for one the Vampires in the Vampire Clan and he has to choose between his first real love or the entire world

Jim_Bond
Posted

THAT'S why you have writer's block. You let the Vampires suck all of your ideas out of your head (LOL).
Try to go in the opposite direction of TWILIGHT.
Best of Luck.