Jillian_Anka

words we should all adhere too..... - Poetry Group

Posted

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies - or else? The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.

A creative man/woman is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it.
Always desire to learn something useful.
Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail.

Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

Beautiful life-loving philosophy

Posted

yes it is, and for most its there, but for some like me, i like the dark, and shroud myself in its protecting shroud, as for coming out into the light, sometimes that means you open yourself to hurt.
But each to there own beliefs, only my opinion, and i cruise alone, may help all if they want, but expect nothing except friendship, but i keep the dark always near, its safer.

DEE_TORRES
Posted

i love you too....