Candis_Lee

wheres the love - The Rainbow Lounge

Candis_Lee
Posted

OK IV been gay since a very young age and iv always been open about it but when all the gay marriage conflict started with chick fila my mom said to me she doesn't support gay marriage and I said we'll I'm gay mama how do u think that makes me feel? She says "I support u not gay marriage".
How could...that confuses me. I want to b married but I also want her support
How do I get her to realize how it feels when ppl that don't even matter make pl like me feel like shit when it shouldn't matter at all???!!! Its bad when ppl get off on making other ppl feel alone or not wanted because of who they are.

John_Thain
Posted

Your mum's view on gay marriage is simmilar to my mum's. What I said to her is what I'm suggesting you aks yours, which is "how would you feel if it was against the law/illegal for you and dad to get married?" When I asked my mum that, it didn't have the desired effect.; the response I got was "that's not the point."

The fact is, heterosexual people don't realise how lucky they are in respect of being able to marry whom they like and they won't until that right is taken away from them They don't realise what it's like to not be able to marry whom they love unless they're entering an arranged or forced marriage.

According to the heterosexaul mentality, anyone who is not considered heterosexual should not be alowed that same right, which is essentially the wrong way to think. In an ideal world, we should all have the right to marry, regardless of sexuality, but the fact is, that's not possible yet.

My view is that the marriage law should be changed so that mariage is between two consenting adults (regardless of gender), but as I say, there will always be those who are able to get round the issue of consent.

Candis_Lee
Posted

Thanks john!! I asked her how she would feel if her and Dave couldn't get married and she also said "that's not the point"!! Then I told her to put herself in my shoes cuz its not fare or right for that matter. Regardless if it was legal or not ppl will always have something to say about it cuz they don't like it. Myself along with a million other gays will b so happy when it becomes legal and I can't wait to see the look on the straight ppls faces!!!

Candis_Lee
Posted

Lol ill b sure to show her the poster Greg!! Its true tho...we're all human and we all put our pants on one leg at a time. Ppl are who they are and it shouldn't matter unless their killers r something but we're not we're simply trying to live our lives and b happy...what's so wrong about that!!