Chud

Love at first site? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Hey guys, this has always bothered me, and I want to see your thoughts on it, I'm not going to argue anyone's view on this topic and tell them to 'wake up' or 'stupid' unlike someone else on this site I could mention!

Anyway it's the topic of "Love at first site" now you've all probably heard it, but the thing is do you believe in it? Do you believe someone can fall in love purely by looking at someone? You may like the look of someone and hence that will cause attraction and therefore lust and people do usually confuse lust for love.
Lust is just wanting to have sex with someone or an intimate connection with that person.
Love is wanting to spend time with that person and talk to that person and want to be with that person for much more than sex.
I don't think love at first site exists, because love is an emotional connection that is developed through knowing that person and having an emotional connection with that persons personality - remember personality being more important than looks - the reason I know that love is an emotional connection is because you may love your friends, but you may not find them attractive, you still love them because you have developed an emotional connection with them through their personality, you may not necessarily have sex with them - or you may, depending on how you feel.
But I see love as being something that you develop at a certain point with that person and it only comes through knowing that person and learning more about that persons personality.

What's your take?

Heebie999
Posted

I don't believe there is a such thing as LOVE at first sight. Most people don't differentiate between love and lust or infatuation until they've experienced actual love.
I do, however, believe it's possible to find someone very attractive, and infatuating, to the point where you end up getting to know them and falling in love later on.
This would easily be mistaken for the mythical love at first sight.
You may be a young man, but your understanding of what love actually is, is bang on.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I Belive in it because it hapend to me. I was not even thinking of sex I just loved him and did not care who know it.

Alfawolf

Posted

I most definitely believe in love at first sight, because it has actually happened to me.....I am literally speaking from genuine personal experience!!

Greg_Anderson_62411
Posted

I'm going to be neutral for now. I've never experienced love at first site for myself...but I have seen friends who have just instantly clicked. These few friends are married and have never been more happy.

I don't know. I think some people just find happiness, others try to make happiness and then there are others that never find anyone. That is life.

Posted

No at first sight it is usual lust.Lust is the strong wind that blows in the seeds of love which then may slowly take root and slowly grow into.giant trees

Posted

Yep, i believe in Love at First sight, But thing is i am a Sex Addict.

Posted

Sex and love are not same thing

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I did care about sex when I met my love. We just had that filling

Alfawolf

Bob_Hemsworth
Posted

Interestiing topic, but "love hurts" Bob

Michelle_Peters_39821
Posted

I have 1 case of (so called) love at first site and 1 of lust at first site. Good thing that there is the block option of both websites. The one wanted me to travel overseas to get laid. Why should I go for just that? I can do that in my hometown.

Posted

I understand sex and love are not the same thing, but for me i Love Sex, and the odd time i like Love, yep i am Weird but i dont really care.

David_Cloud
Posted

I believe in 'ATTRACTION at first sight'....its that spark of interest that makes you take a second look, and maybe a third and fourth.

I believe that it then becomes a matter of contest and debate between those three great organs of the human body - the head, the heart and the cock - as to which is going to have the dominant interest in securing the attention of the person in question and how the engagement with the other person will be taken forward.

Luckily the lead taken by any one of those three organs may lead to the increasing involvement of the other two so that in the 'perfect partner' scenario a collaboration between all three takes place.

Bob_Hemsworth
Posted

Emotional attraction is quite dominant, leading sometimes to a one way street. Bob Hemsworth

Drew_Higgs_Bouson
Posted

I did, and it was with a face on this site. He matched how I had described my dream b/f when I was just 15. When I found him I knew I was right and now I know I am in love with best best guy anybody could have for a b/f

Posted

Aww how Sweet Drew, I am very happy 4 u Both, Well Done

Bob_Hemsworth
Posted

Loving the fact of being in love is often the case with alot of people. Infatuation of another person is so strong it can be confused with love. Getting the other person feeling the same towards you is very difficult because "love hurts" ! Bob Hemsworth

Posted

I don't believe in love at first sight. Love is an emotional connection, that is not possible with a stranger unless the person doing the connecting is emotionally immature. It is very possible to be completely interested in someone at first sight, but that is not love, just interest/curiosity/infatuation/lust whatever you want to call that thing that makes you want to know more. You love someone when you know them in detail and still want to be with them. It is possible to mistake the other feelings for love, particularly if you haven't experienced a lot of genuine love in life, but I think it is a bit obsessive to say that merely laying eyes on someone is enough to be "love".

Drew_Higgs_Bouson
Posted

Well I am sorry I must me emotionally immature and a hopeless romantic, but the first time I met the actual person after seeing his photo on here I knew he was the guy I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, regardless. It might not be like that for others but it was for me, and a lot of you on here know who he is and most of YOU seem to like him to!

Posted

Yep Drew and i wish u both the Best, yeh he is a Terrific Guy.

Posted

Thanks to everyone for your comments, I'm finding them very interesting, I was unable to come on here yesterday due to social arrangements but I have caught up with all the comments today, please keep them coming!

Drew I am happy for you and Dean he is a truly amazing guy, possibly one of the best guys on this site! I'm glad you two found each other and by what you two have posted on here I can tell that you two really love each other, Dean deserves to be happy and it's really amazing that you are the guy to do that, I hope you two last forever!

Please keep your comments coming guys!

Wayne_Parker
Posted

I believe one can find love at first sight. Not just the vibes of wanting to be in bed. But enjoy the pleasure of being together, in and out of BED!

Keith_Imeson
Posted

i did and i still love that person even though he was straight and he only let me give him one blow and he,s married now and were still close friends

Dave_Mack
Posted

Please allow me to also express my deppest wishes for a great life together both Drew and Dean. In your case(s) it may well be love at first sight. Just take it slow and let things build. Sending my best thoughts and wishes to both of you for a long and healthy relationship...

Posted

Dear Richard and fellow conversationalists,

yes, i believe in love at first sight, because it has happened to me. I saw this man in an airport lounge in Paris, we were sitting opposite each other waiting for a flight when he threw-up - nerves - I automatically went to his aid and during the ensuing moments, I knew that he was the guy for me.

We had 7 years together before his death.

I would like to add, that I had recognized early in my life that casual sex was not for me, however, I did do the 'Gay' thing and have fun. I wished to have something deeper for a long time. When we got together, we would discuss what it was that was the source of Love and success of our coupling. The results of our discussion were; a physical attraction and the individual's need for the fulfillment of desires for love and relationship and later, the recognition and acceptance that love existed between us.

I recognize that not all gay men have the desire for love and therefore they do not seek or accept it. This is ok. All I would say is that we need to be aware that our needs change and fulfilling sex one day maybe empty the next, so we need to rethink our positions regarding love and physical intimacy.

Keep well