Jony_Star

An Individual Vs. Society - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

my friend kiki and father were having an interesting conversation...although my father is misguided by his interpretation of me...he brought up an interesting point...now my dad believes that i believe that society should revolve around me...but that's not the case...i really don't see myself as a follower of any type of society...i see myself as a true individual...and in this world i think most of us strive for individuality rather to belong to a certain group...and it's kinda conflicting when we're taught to be ourselves and yet obey and follow ideals that have been set by society...but when we try and fit into a society...how are we unique when we're the same as everyone else in the group???...but i guess regardless having a society is inevitable...i mean for example i'm sure there are other individuals like myself who don't follow society...and eventually if more people were to do so...we'd become a society against society...which totally defeats the purpose of being against society when we ourselves are creating a different type of society...but a society nonetheless...it's kinda weird and rare when i get these deep thoughts...also funny cause i don't really see myself as a person who likes to think...but my mind does wander from time to time...getting into such deep thoughts...ultimately coming to the conclusion that it's weird how we're taught to do both...be unique and follow society's guidelines...please let me know if any of this makes sense or not...becuz sometimes my ramblings don't make sense and also probably don't mean anything...but still i had the feeling to share this with everyone here...so feel free to let me know your opinion...thanks...^_^

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

go with what you believe sweet babo. no one can tell you what you can or can not believe. you are your own person and you need to do what you feel is best for you

Flash632
Posted

Hi Jony, We are all a part of a whole world around us, we all need each other because we are unique in our individuality. That uniqueness contributes to the world of everyone else. For example, I am gifted in one way and you are gifted in another and each of us is gifted to each other. We can also step out of the whole for awhile or attempt to be separate only to realize that we need to go back again. Patrick

Posted

Yep, well i found out who i really am, and it was a wonderful person i found, it also gave me the Confidence 2 stand up for myself, look people in the eye during conversation and hold my head up high. Good Topic Jony.

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

"I'm a plain individual. Like all of my friends are!"

The strangest odd balls are not always the ones that appear that way.

Plain wallflower Jane in the office, as dull+safe as can B. Walks over naked men@weekends in 6 inch heels+has them cleaning dishes+polishing her killer show collection wi their tongue

The couple wi multiple face piercings, rainbow hair+bodies of art+modification, Get Judged+followed around by store detectives, thn sit drinking Tea+watchin Deal Or No Deal

Never can tell

Flash632
Posted

Congratulations Richard, I'm proud of you! It does make all the difference in the world when we can accept ourselves because we can then be ourselves without holding back anything(but only if it is safe to do so). Love, Patrick