Alexander_Michaelis_62354

Surgery - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Has anyone ever been through surgery before? I just had surgery today and I'm surprised I'm awake right now (though I'll probably pass out in a few), but I just want to know. Who's gone through surgery and how did you feel? Were you scared or did you stride in with confidence?

Jim_Bond
Posted

I had my appendix and tonsils as surgical procedures separately.
I have to say that the PRE-OP for me was the worst. I am not fooling when I say this because for the appendix operation, I had to be SHAVED. As a gay teenager, to see a straight (no pun intended) razor so close to my penis and testicules was sheer hell. Otherwise, both operations were normal. I believed that the surgeons were capable and that there was nothing to worry about.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I had a brain biopsy in 2008. The surgeons messed up and left air in my brain. I was delirious before the operation but it got worse until the air was removed. I also had a tonselectomy at age 3. They gave me ice cream. I enjoyed that!

Posted

I have been through surgery three times. Although I was not afraid, I was just a little bit nervous.

Mark_Card
Posted

I had my appendix out a few yrs back after it had burst. I have to say that i didn't remember much as i was so out of it with the poison going thru me until about a day after the surgery. Then was in a lot of pain for the next few weeks. was a horrible situation.

Marcus_Sykes
Posted

Hi Alexander
As a form of monitoring service, I've had a small heart monitor fitted. I had to have a small operation / slice open for that device to be fitted. I am left with a small scar, which is going to have to be re-opened to have the device removed.
No pain, no worries, all has gone fine - Just hope its the same for the removal!
You'll be fine :-)

Posted

Hi Alexander.
Surgery these days is generally very straight forward with little or no side effects.
I had one of my balls removed about 35 years ago with no ill effects. I had a tumor in the right one which blew up to about 4 times normal size. It had to be removed and I'm no less a man without it. A few years ago I had keyhole surgery to remove my gall bladder and it was a breeze. I can't even see any scars now. Take it easy, you'll be fine.

Posted

Thank you all. I'm now feeling the slight soreness and pain of the after affects of the surgery, but because I'm taking so much medication, I don't really feel a thing.

Posted

Keep us posted, all the very best.
Hugs.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

Alexander, I'm glad you don't feel a thing. That is the way it should be! I wish you the very best!

Posted

Hey Alexander
I've had invasive surgery seven times, and although I'm quite confident now with surgeons, it is always a bit nerve racking. There are things that can go wrong, and I'm smart enough to be aware of the risks, but when you have little or no choice, y'know ... it can be a bit scary. Each time was "voluntary" in that they were not life-threatening things, although some could be if left untreated. The worst result was to have a lump removed from my butt cheek, not a big problem really except that for a centimetre lump I am now sporting a 5cm scar line. As a result, I now refuse to see a surgeon for any cuts unless they are trained in cosmetic surgery. I recently had surgery to remove another small lump (I seem to get them every dozen years or so, fibrous tissue that is hard) this time on my abdominal region, and I saw a cosmetic surgeon who used to be a regular surgeon, she was truly awesome, and left me with no visible scar at all (done with keyhole). A few weeks later, bolstered by that, I saw a plastic surgeon to correct a minor problem my parents left me with lazy eyelids (if only we could choose our parents) and that was a stunning result, my vision is now crystal clear again and I look undamaged. The rest of the surgeries have been sinus, wisdom teeth and tonsils, with the tonsils truly being the most horrific pain I have ever experienced (it took 18 days before I could speak, then two more to leave hospital).
All the best with whatever you have had done, Alexander!

Posted

Thank you all so much. I'm feeling much better, mainly thanks to medication, but the doctor says I should start feeling even better within a week. The only thing that worries me is side effects of the medication.

Greg_Anderson_62411
Posted

Hey Alexander.

I've had three major surgeries in my life. One was to sew a finger back on when I was young. Long story. Another was to have my adenoids removed when I was 10 and the last one was open heart surgery to correct a birth defect in my heart back in 2009.

The first two weren't scary...or at least I can't remember being scared because I was too young to know what was really going on. However, the last one scared the crap out of me. I delayed it for about 6 months before finally making the appointments needed.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it's okay to be scared. To be worried. It's normal. Now as to you worrying about the side effects of your medication. Try not to. I know this is hard but consider this. You're a young guy. Your body will bounce back to almost anything that can be thrown at it. The human spirit is an amazing thing.

If you do experience some side effects, tell your doctor. That's what he or she is there for. Good luck and best wishes to a speedy recovery!