Sevak_Kirakosyan

Advice needed on how to get acquainted. - Gay Guys! <3

Sevak_Kirakosyan
Posted

Hey y'all I'm coming from a small, conservative, Christian-right-wing-conservatives-owned country. We are quite oppressed here at this time. So, keeping that in mind, can you give me some advice on how to get acquainted to strangers.

Here's one situation I face often and dunno what to do. I use minibuses everyday. Often I find myself 'touched' by a sweet guy sitting next to me, and I sort of respond in the same way. Yet that is how far we allow ourselves to go. Now, imagine there are other people, and we don't know who leaves the minibus when. What can I do if I'm quite sure that the guy is interested?

Thanks for your time and advice

Chris_Nochance
Posted

Well if you see him on the bus on a regular basis you could slide him your phone #? Offer to meet for drinks or hang out?

Posted

Well, I think it's best to try to first establish a friendship, start small and talk to him about anything. Perhaps start with the weather, everyone has an opinion on that, then if you're interested in sport go there. See what his response is and literally 'play it by ear'. You'll soon discover if it's going to go anywhere. Best of luck.

Posted

I'm thinking like the other guys, talk about whatever on the mini bus, if all is friendly ask if he would like to meet for a coffe or drink sometime. I presume you get off at different stops? If he gets off first, ask where lives, where he works etc. I think most guys will respond to something like this if they are interested. Have fun and good luck meeting up with him or another hot guy.
Jerry

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

Ask where he lives and for his number

Jim_Bond
Posted

I agree with the other answers, BUT, instead of giving him your phone number which he could use to find out where you live (if you don't want him to know that immediately), at the end of your conversation on the bus, tell him to contact you via email or e-messaging and give him your address (A SECOND ONE WITH AN ALIAS). If he contacts you, good. Then you could slowly build up confidence with each other before revealing your true name and where you live, etc. I am sure that he would probably do the same.

Jim_Bond
Posted

A little humour, here.
I'm coming from a small, conservative, Christian-right-wing-conservatives-owned country.
At first I thought you lived in Alberta, Canada. (Other Canadians here will know why.)

Arar_Omega
Posted

just hang out! )

Sevak_Kirakosyan
Posted

Uhm... yeah... thanks guys... I will try to overcome that wall of fear and non-acting... and I'm sure many Americans, too, would think this was said about some particular locations Jim

Chris_Nochance
Posted

Dude, don’t lie. Only sleaze lies & it’s such a turn off. What’s wrong w/ 2 guys hangn out catch’n a brew or going to a local sports bar or something?As you get to know him you can decide in your own time if you want to come out to him etc. But you don’t have to lie to not reveal…

Sevak_Kirakosyan
Posted

Chris, what d'you mean? I'm talking about random guys. And when I see them in, say, a minibus or just in the street. I'm not visiting any gym at the moment. Do you suggest me to suggest to a guy I don't know to become a gym buddy of mine? Uhm...

Chris_Nochance
Posted

If you’re not going to the gym & you say let’s go to the gym anyway then it seems to be a fruitless offering. But you could say, how about a coffee? Strike up a conversation, look for common interests to share time outside of your normal setting, offer a means of communication that’s fairly easy to use, email, twitter etc. Offer to share some time w/ the guy, don’t offer to jump on him at the first moment opportunity arrises. (you could find out he’s a jerk) Try getting to know him as a person first, rather than a sexual object.

Posted

Mon., Sept 24th, 12, 17:$5 Hrs. M.D.T.
Memo to Jim -
Conservative Areas? I Live in Alberta,
in a City Called Calgary. NOT As
Conservative as it Use to B. Last
Year We Had the Mayor as Parade
Marshall for Our Gay Pride Parade.
Guess What He is Muslim - Liberal
Times are a Changing in Red Neck
Alberta
Enjoy,
Operater.

Jim_Bond
Posted

Andrew, as my profile says, I'm from Québec City. Didn't mean to offend you, but was referring to a certain Prime Minister in Ottawa who is against Gays and Abortion, but IS for selling our water to our neighbours to the south and IS for potentially polluting B.C. with a pipeline carrying Oil Tar Sands product for asian consumption.
Sorry if I offended you. (Kiss and make up?)

Posted

Sun., Sept 30th, 12, 22:30 Hrs. M.D.T.
Memo to Jim,
Kiss & Make Up, Ya I Guess so. There
are a Few Things to Clear Up,
1st) We are NOT Selling Water to the
Amcns by Any Pipeline that I Know
About, OK.
2nd) I've Lived in Alberta 34 Yrs, so YES
I'm Backing the Petro Chemical/Oil/Gas
Sectors of the Economy, Plus the Forestry
and Resource Mining Sectors & Potash
Industry in Western/Northern Canada,
Because They Support Our Railroads etc,
I'm a Gay Railfan Hobbiest, as Well.
I Back Our Resource Sectors Because
They Supply JOBS and Support the Economy
in the West/North.
Yes, I'm Gay but I'm Backing "Northern
Gateway Pipeline" as Well. Its JOBS, and
Economic Growth and Resource Dvlpmnt
as Well. It Also Allows Us to BREAK Our
Dependence on Amcns for Oil/Gas Exports.
When the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese and
Others are Buying into Cdn Resource Dvlpmnts
You DON'T say NO to Exports, Weathers Its
Oil, Gas, or Any Other Resource Exports.
Best of All, Take a Month Vacation and Come
and See What Western Canada, and the North
Have to Offer, in JOBS, Economic Growth, and a
Great Place to Live as Well. OK.
Oh Yes, I Used to Live in the East - Quebec,
Moved West 34 Yrs Ago and Really Never
Looked Back.
I'm Liberal, Gay, and Have a LOT to Be Proud
of Living in the West, It was the BEST Decision
I Ever Made in My Life. Lived in Quebec 25 Yrs.
Hey Bud Come WEST, OK.

Tnx.,
Operator.