Give me a break - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

Give me a break already.
Some may be wondering why I don't spend much time in the chat rooms anymore.
Well teenage kids saying I'm bored or I'm sooooo drunk...... Not really my thing.
Why have I not been posting stories well why bother when I get a few short comments like: more please.
There are some on here that crave attention and others who can't be bothered writing more then a few words.
Has the art of conversation been lost?
Are we now faced with the "look at me's" and the "aww I'm bored entertain me's"
Well maybe I am bored of you lot and maybe I can't be bothered listening to you whine.
Maybe I am thinking of deleting my account.
As I watch this once fun site downward spiral into the vortex of nothingness.
I wonder is anyone reading this?
Does anyone care?
Are you just happy to let others write their thoughts while you just sit there and say nothing and do nothing?
While the attention seekers tell the world what it is like to be them.
Do we even care what they say?
Do we answer them?
Or just let them carry on.
Well ask yourself is it time to speak up?
Or just sit there as the world is eaten away in front of you.
Well?
Tell me your thoughts.
Sorry if you think I went too far but this is the way it's going if you don't speak up now I may not be here to listen.

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

When people think lol is a fullstop and speak in acronyms and text talk even when there isn't a text limit... You begin to think that yes indeed the art of conversation is dying a death. It is a me first look at me generation borne from the internet. Look at the super-hot (sure) but empty tumblr girls competing with each other+living for shallow/cold acceptance, instead of real values, real beauty. Making others feel inferior+feeding off it. It's enough to make the most hopeful souls rather bitter+cynical.

Posted

I hear you both!!!

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

I want my daughter to have much bigger ambitions and dreams than being wank materials for strangers.
Dear god i fear for the new generation growing up far far too bloody fast. It's terrifying. I'm not a party pooper. Honestly. But being a parents has changed my perspective greately. Language is regressing so fast. We'll be back to caveman grunts in a hundred years (probably)
Read the "Generation X" + (Douglas couplands)"Generation A"..
+Orwells 1984 already here. Fictions becoming reality. Scary indeed.

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

But then again because the internet is a quick fix, shallow, cold empty.
Not real regard, respect, or adoration at all. Maybe thats why everybodies Me ME loook At me. Because no matter how much attention they get. Theres no heart or warmth behind it. So they always need more assurance, more attention, more empty affection. It's human to want to catch the eyes of fellow beings. I desire human connection as much as the next person. Even i know desperations unbecoming.

Internet = 5230 freinds+utterly alone

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

**Ending up with double posts when i edit grrrr**
Dear god i'm a depressive piece of slime Good job most of the human race is programmed to be unrealistically over-optimistic huh. Absolutely necessary rose-tinted vision for our survival. Lest it would be the phenomenah of the 22nd century Mass lines of humans diving off the cliffs of dover. Dear god i'm depressing! Sorry Carol not the cheer up, heart bolster, kindred spirit mental cuddle you where needing. Sorry!! Me-me etc.
Time to pick up my spawn Xx

Karen_Wright
Posted

Dam Carol. I'm sure there is some of us on here who really do enjoy ur stories and writings that u let us hear and read. I no I'm one for sure who does like to hear ur words u have to say, so I guess what i'm saying please don't delete ur account cause I may need to get a hold of u sometime just to talk and whatever else may happen. So please reconsider ur leaving here n stop writing ur stories. Thanks Carol.
(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

KarenXOXOXOXO

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

No offense to Staff, but in t'past it was like Carol put more of/all of her being, all of her heart into writing and sharing herself so openly. That she was putting more work into Gays than even the staff members (who i'm sure also work their socks off) I guess we who took note of your words+silently admired, let you down a little not vocally letting u know our ears where open+listening. Actually giving a shit too. Puttin it less politely but more passionately. There are worthwhile caring beings on here Xx

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

I kind of feel that; People who begin sentences with "No offense but..." (but i'm away to massively insult you is what it means) should be shot. Poor word choice on my part there!

Leslie_Lewis_52026
Posted

Michelle Jamieson had made a good point and I am going to offer two more favourite,usless tags of so called philisophical gems to add to her collection if I may? Two more annoying sayings are. 1) I was only joking (and that statement is a joke in itself don't you think?) and a classic for number 2) has got to be 'I was only trying to help' Help what? is what I say - themselves? LOL

Let's hear some more every day useless witisims, critisims or philisophical gems or utterly useless supportive gems of nonsensical statements that are around. I love them all so lets see if we can get enough to write a book or collection of them. Another one I have just thought of is when somebody falls in a painful manner or over some bricks in the sreet or down a hole then a passer by will say 'Did you fall?'or 'Are you hurt?' You feel like answering 'No! I was just practising and doing a market survey in this painful position waiting to see how long it would take to see if someone asked Have I fallen?' It is nearly all as bad as 'No Offence But---' which would be a good title for such a book. By all means send me a reply to lamedlamed@yahoo.co.uk or on line.
Leslie Lewis

Michelle_Jamieson
Posted

"How are you?" as a commonplace greeting; When all people mean is hello and don't want to know/give a flying fig how you are. Why not just say hi then. If you foolishly don't say the mandatory (even if your parents have died) "Fine thanks" And start saying how you really are - see the shutter come down on their face, and them mentally or literally running 50 miles in the opposite direction. Real emotions - rrrrrrruuuuuuuuun waaaaargh!

Posted

I love this site and I guess I just wanted to shake people up to say something.
I like getting a little feedback just to know you read what I write and even when it's just a few words it's OK.
I know people read and don't say anything or at least I hope they do but it's those people I want to make stand up because this is your site after all.
I read on profiles people say they are out and proud and I am far from out and proud but I put my picture on my profile
not like some of the out and proud no picture people on here. I'm just me.
I like getting to know people and I do say "how was your day?" because I care and want to know. But you are right Michelle I don't get much of an answer back.
"Fine thanks" and I'm not telling you and i will be bored so there or I will run a mile because Idon't want to share anything about me.
I try to start discussions and keep things moving along here because I like to read what people think and how they feel.
I guess lately I have been busy around the house and in the garden and when i get on here
I come back to almost nothing and i find that sad so I will keep on keeping on and I will post my random thoughts
and try to get others opinions.
Maybe I will try to shake things up from time to time by saying something really crazy and see if someone out there cares enough to bite back or fight for what they believe.
I just think if we get people writing on here everyone can read a lot more and we can all express are feelings.
If I knew anything about the tech stuff I would have a place where we could add a song to our profiles and really who cares what colour the borderline is anyway.
As long as people keep posting interesting things to read and people read and can post their feelings and answer comments this is a good place.

Posted

and NO I won't SHUT UP LOL

Posted

I just thought I'd read this back as I have been asked why I was so mad but really I wasn't I was just making a point.
Maybe I was trying to wake up people who never comment on what they read here but I see people just think I'm having a rant.

Leslie_Lewis_52026
Posted

Another favourite useless-ism is when unfortunately when you have had a bad accident in your car somebody who notices the mass of tangled wrekage inevitably sees the car and says... 'Have you had an accident then?' Perhaps the answer should be 'No - I have just got a life sized version of a crashed dikny car to see if I can build it up again'.

Any more? Keep rolling them in and let's all have a laugh.....Another one is when someone is lying ill in hospital with tubes, wires and appliances exuding out of all possible orifices silly questions asked are 'Are you ill then?' The answer in this case should be .NO! I am just going to a fancy dress party on 1st April dressed up as a hjypercondriac' Or if they are asked 'How are you?' The answer in this case should be 'Oh fine! I'm lying like this to see if anyone recognises or remembers me'

I have a humour at times that is not so much a sick sense of humour as such but more as a 'hospital intensive care type. of humour' Leslie (Lewis).

Posted

Leslie I heard one long ago it went something like this:

A man went on a holiday
He had a wonderful time
In the sun and sea and on the beach
Got himself a lovely tan
But when he returned home
On the way to work he got hit by a bus and was killed
When moaners at the funeral saw him they said
"Gosh he looks so tanned the holiday really did him good"

Leslie_Lewis_52026
Posted

Thanks for your feedbacks Carol and Michelle - I have a feeling I may have misunderstood either or both off you with your entries so if I answered you rudely I apologise to you. I forgot I put this site up until today - once again i'm sorry!! put it down to old age LOL

Leslie_Lewis_52026
Posted

One for the guys this one. How often have we met older guys with their young 'charges' with them and the young ones are introduced as 'their nephews' or 'their cousins'. Half if not most of the time who do they think they are kidding - Us or themselves? You would think that by now they would come up with something a bit more original that old chestnut. I will have to go now to see to my 16 younger nephews and 25 younger cousins. Don't tell anyone will you? LOL . Leslie Lewis

Leslie_Lewis_52026
Posted

Hi Carol - Just read yours!! I like it. How about the classic one when a mother shouts at a child on a high wall playing when she is saying ' If you fall down and break your legs don't come running to me' If the child drank he or she would be legless then wouldn't they? - sorry! They don't get any better do they? I broke some eggs by accident the other and I wasn't yolking either Leslie

Posted

Yip, it is getting to the stage when posts have to be SHORT or full of gory sex, before they get noticed. We are living in such a fast pace world we don’t take the time out to read or converse with one another. It appears that a quick fix is required. When last did any one read a good book that has inspired them to read more? Very few, I have noticed that if there is no DRAMA, or SEX in your posts, people don’t bother to read them.
BUT if I start a war with someone over cheating with my girlfriend or tell about the girl I had sex with last night and the kinky things we got up then it’s classified as BORING, I see this in gay clubs too. If there is drama the person doing the drama is the centre of attraction. Or you have to be telling of the wild sexual relationship you had last night. Where are the days of conversation? They seem to have gone to graveyards everyone…. Why should people leave sites because they are not mentally satisfied? I have just joined here, and found this site to be fun. Let us get friendly with one another and chat away to those that are important to us… I am open for this kinda friendship… so drop me a line on what you think and what is happening around you and be assured I will write back… don’t run away friends, let us join forces and talk to each other. I’d love to hear from you.
HUGS
Jillian