Ryan_Robert_Phelps

MUST READ Is being gay really wrong? NO! (Gay Friendly Spiritual Adviser) - Gay Guys! <3

Ryan_Robert_Phelps
Posted

No, I happen to think (Living as a gay man myself) that it is not. In fact, I am sure that most of us gay guys have been through enough bs in our lives to realize that being gay isn't a choice and it is just a natural part of life. No one can make choice of who they are to become attracted to so much as a straight person. No one can really choose who they really are underneath just as much as no one can choose their skin colour (well, other than being a bit more tanner than others :P) However, one thing that has always stuck out and bugged us is having a book called the Holy Bible saying that it is wrong. Christians and Catholics have bugged us for generations because they think our ways our unnatural. However, we know that we, being gay people, that our lifestyle is not a choice and it is just something we were born to experience.

I happen to know a lot of things about religion and politics but one thing I do know living as homosexual myself is that I did not choose the way I was brought up, it was only natural. One thing we have to be grateful though is that times are changing and people are becoming more and more excepting however it can go deeper than that. Lilly has helped me through some really rough times but she has never once thrown the straight card at me and said that being gay is wrong and she is also a Minister!

I really don't want to get into a religious chat right now because that is not what I am here for. All I here for is too say officially being gay is okay and you need to meet this woman. Truth about the Bible is that most of its scrolls are still out there to be found and some of the entries have been mislead into transition by other messengers of God (and otherwise). Scrolls have been modified to teach us more and more lessons of life because that is what life is about: it is all about experience to get us to better and stronger place.

Back in the olden days, they used to burn witches at the stack with homosexuals surrounding them. You know why they did that? The time after Jesus was a dark time and witches and homosexuals actually were the people to help continue on Jesus' work. Homosexuals actually possess the most Spiritual gifts in this entire planet because we possess the two chromosomal outlets. We are proud, happy, and gifted (and oh boy you don't don't know how much).

So, I am going to live you with Lilly's website and hopefully I left some room for conversation. She is for everybody but really she is just a sweet little woman who has brought this young bright lush into a world of pure happiness and amazement. It's www.readingsbylilly.ca and her work is for everyone.

I mean no disrespect and no harm as this information is for everyone to see and hear. Take care.

Paul_Hitchcock
Posted

It annoys me when people say to me "you choose to be gay" I say to them did you choose to be straight? we do not make a choice to be gay but some people make the choice to hate gays

Posted

Sun., Sept 9th, 12, 21:50 Hrs. M.D.T.
Hey Ryan,
I'm a Gay Mormon, I'm NOT Active in
My Church but I Kept a Lot of the
Values I Learned Over the Years etc,
Your Remarks are Well Put and One
Can Still Learn From Them,
Tnx.,
Operater.
Appreciate Your Views as One Can
Still Lea

Carl-david_Stottor
Posted

People have always feared what they do not understand, in the Ancient World, gay people were accepted, deemed as nearer to the God's...which begat's the question...."are you of the higher faith"? As most gay people were connected to temples and worship, in Ancient Times.....it was the Roman's who persecuted early Christians, History does have a sad fact of repeating itself, when Christianity came into power, it persecuted Pagan worship, with that, all priest's, priestesses connected to that worship, mostly gay.....Religion, does not persecute, does not judge, does not condemn, only man chooses to do that, I don't think it matters what faith a person believes in, so long as it brings out the best in them as a being, it does'nt matter if your black, white, asian, straight, gay, transgendered....being a person is a choice that comes from within the self, we can all choose to be a good person, a bad person, or simply a better person, it is only ignorance, lack of understanding, lack of tolerence that keep's people small.....my faith is very important to me, it kept me going in times of persecution, I am proud of my faith, which is my spiritual side, I am proud of my sexuality, which is my physical side, both of which have created me who I am today....I am proud of myself as a person, the way I choose to live....being gay, is not an option, it is simply another way of being, of also trying to live in harmony, within our world and ourselves....there is good and bad in all of us, Paul, not all gay people are likeable as people, I offend the stereotypical straight male, for being the stereotypical gay male, I offend the stereotypical gay male, because I do not conform to that either....fact is...we all judge and until we can all stop doing so, we will never be able to accept each other and ourselves.....my faith simply ask's me, to treat other's as I would like to be treated, with respect, with consideration, do as ye will, but harm ye none, surely that is the only key to life and living....Andrew, values are a beautiful thing to have, in an ideal world, we would all get on.....surely for any of us, it is not about the ideal world we do not live in, but the ideal world we create for other's, the ideal world everyone believe's in, yet has yet, to create....but only with unconditional love, the way all faith and belief teaches us, like your friend Lilly Ryan.
Blessed Be.

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

Excellent points well made.
i have just returned from a trip to Israel where both Arab,Jewish and Christain gay guys are getting on together fine.I think being gay can transend and quite rightly alter small minded biggots.
.In terms of evolution in the church you only have to look at the more prominent womens roles as testiment to an institution evolving and questioning ancient scriptures.

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

It will be our turn next.

Drew_Higgs_Bouson
Posted

Dean you don’t need anybody to say how awesome you are. It is guys like you that make being gay so exciting, but thank you so much, and on here publicly, for saying that you are wonderful XX

Carl-david_Stottor
Posted

There are people around, who have kind heart's and kind soul's, there are people that do understand and accept, you don't have to be christian, buddhist, jewish, islamic, catholic or pagan, nor any other religious faith, to simply be a kind and caring person....love is universal and unconditional and is for all.....I knew a little boy once who tried to kill himself at 14, he poured parrafin over himself, to burn the evil out of him, his mother handed him the matches, he ran off screaming into the night....was later found sobbing at a friends, put into a children's home, unloved, unwanted.....that little boy was me, when I lived in a world of ignorance and bigotry, hostility...I'm glad I have lived to see many changes, mostly I'm glad that I am alive and have faith and belief, both religiously and more importantly in myself...how far away that lost little boy now seem's to me, no longer who I was or am!

Carl-david_Stottor
Posted

We do not have to be damaged by pain....some can choose to grow from it instead and all find the peace within, which we so often blindly search for outside ourselve's, thinking that's the answer!

Carl-david_Stottor
Posted

Dean,
Believe it or not, I feel very deeply for you and understand a lot of what you have been through, more than you will ever know....life is a personal experience for each and every one of us.....which we all have to deal with in our own unique way, because we all have the capacity to self heal....you say you disagree with my comment, mostly about damage, wether we choose to become damaged or not, I think you believe that damage stay's with you for life, but for me...only if you let the hurt and pain to continually hurt, does the damage begin and remain....I do not feel damaged by my life or it's experiences, I feel enhanced more than anything else, because it has given me a greater understanding and perspective, which has moulded and allowed me to become what I am today....my life should have destroyed me, so I'm told, but it has'nt, which all boils down to strength and spirit of character, it really does'nt matter what other people think, it is what you think about yourself that matter's, it is not about what has happened in your life, it is about what you do with your life that is more important...personally I choose not to let my life damage me....even though at times I still feel the hurt of it, does not mean that I must remain damaged....instead I think of other's, more troubled than I, less fortunate than I....which leaves me feeling humbled and grateful for the life I have.
Like yourself, I have outlet's, my charity work, helping other's, I too write, poetry as well, I paint and draw all of which keeps my mind busy and occupied, which I find is a great help and very soothing....nobody will find peace in their lives, untill they have found all the pieces and stuck them back together, it's not all about questioning why, sometimes it's about acceptance, that we are not responsible for how other's have hurt us in the past, for we all alone, are responsible for our action's and inactions, responsible for our own impact on those around us, life is precious, life is beautiful, but only with great understanding, aknowledgement, acceptance and a whole heap of emotional intelligence, unconditional love....for all !
For me, a damaged person, is someone who cannot see beyond their own pain and suffering, are trapped in an ever self-destructive cycle, feeling haunted and alone, I know, because I have been there, which is why I chose, no longer to remain damaged, but do something about it....classifying someone as damaged good's, is both demeaning and insulting and only adds to a greater sense of self worthlessness, it is only people who do not understand, that pass a person over and judge them damaged....my friend's and those around me, describe me as amazing and although I've yet to believe that, I'm glad I'm described as that, rather than deemed as damaged,!
We all can overcome our lives, if we choose to.

Drew_Higgs_Bouson
Posted

Carl I think you have not understood what Dean has tried to say. I agree you will be damaged by pain from the outside. He explained it to me by saying look at a tree. Over the years it is damaged by attacks and vandals and disease and so on. The effects do remain but the tree keeps growing and all the damage does is make the bark and shape more interesting and more attractive.

Dean has had a great deal of abuse in his life but he has used it to sharpen his appreciation of good and taught him how to use emotion in his writing. I think that one day we might know of a famous poet of the name, and appreciate his work.

You cannot walk up a totally smooth hill. We need the rough parts to give us grip and to enable us to climb. Some might just give up. I think people like you ACCEPT the pain, but then focus and use it. You say you do not allow yourself to be damaged, and yet you are discussing it here so there must be some residual damage somewhere or it would have all been forgotten. Dean accepts there IS damage but is learning how to us that to his advantage.

I admire you both very much. I am lucky and there has not been pain and suffering like that in my life. In a way it makes me a lesser person as I find it harder to help and understand those that have been hurt and damaged, but I am getting a lot of help in that area and I am trying hard to learn how I can use the pain of others to teach me.

I think this is a good discussion and it is very interesting to see how people have dealt with bad things in their lives and made them positive

Carl-david_Stottor
Posted

Perhaps at the end of the day Drew, it is about how we all view thing's from maybe slightly different perspectives, my life has been full of abuse from the age of 4 upward's, abuse that was not deserved, but happened by the action's of other's, of course it hurt, of course it was painfull, but why should I allow the action's of other's damage me, destroy me, that my experiences have left me incredibly sensitive, compassionate, overcaring toward's other's, I like Dean, using my personal experiences to help and understand other's, I would consider that more as undamaged, rather than damaged.....I've come across a lot of damaged people in my life, homeless, alcholic's, drug addict's, including relative's, best friend's, tormented by their lives, have become dysfunctional, killing themselves, I could so easily have become as damaged, as desperate, because there but for the grace of, go I....all that I was trying to say, was that for me, I refuse to remain a victim, I refuse to beat myself up or become damaged, I hate the word damaged, it implies so much, like imperfect, worthless, pathetic or weak, experiences, especially bad ones, can either make a person or break one, it is the stronger that survive, which is anything but damaged, weak or pathetic, this is where I think people can grow from pain rather than let it destroy them, because we all do have that choice....you are relatively lucky to have escaped hurt and pain, in which case you will never really know what that feel's like, even talking to other's about their's, it has to be learned and understood by those that experienced it first hand, I hope you never do get to know the experience of that, but for those that have, we have a great deal to teach those that do not know or understand....I think Dean and I have a lot in common with each other, I recognise a great deal in him....I'm sensitive to his pain having gone through and felt such when I was younger, before he was born and it sadden's me deeply, that such thing's are still going on in this world...talking about my experiences, only means that I am sharing them, it does not mean that I am damaged, pain does fade over time, even if we do still have the memories...memories are just thought's, they are not feeling's.
Some would argue differently I'm sure, but I'm speaking for myself only, we all deal with things differently, in our own unique way, it is ad when some cannot, or don't and is heartbreaking....No Drew, I do not consider myself damaged, both fortunate and lucky....yes!