Chud

Suicide Awareness Day 2012 - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I know this is late but I've only just this moment realised that tomorrow is Suicide Awareness Day 2012 - this day is to raise awareness for people who have or have known or still know someone who have self-harmed, committed suicide, thought about suicide or tried suicide, I have lost someone to suicide, my first ever boyfriend Paul took his own life at the young age of 15, that was 6 years ago today.
I myself have self-harmed, thought about suicide and tried suicide, failed at all the attempts obviously, I also know someone who is a member on this site who has thought about suicide and also tried it.
Now, I beg of everyone on this site to do one thing for me tomorrow, ether write the word 'Love' on your wrist or wear something yellow all day to show your support and to raise awareness, please guys, it's not too much to ask surely, if you know how hard it is to lose someone to suicide then surely you understand how much doing one of them two things will mean to someone, it will mean a lot to me, please just for one day, thank you!

David_Cloud
Posted

Richard, thank you so much for writing what you have and reminding us all. I will write LOVE on my wrist right after my shower in the morning and will think of those I know and those others who I don't know who have come so close to the edge.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

That is a good thing to do and we wiil go with it.

Alfawolf

Wayne_Parker
Posted

Richard, I attempted two times March and April 2000 through overdose of medications. On both occasions my family Doctor was in Emerg. The following morning he came to my bedside and ask me how I was doing. Frankly, I told him I didn't care. They don't induce vomiting any more . He ask me how did the large cup of charcol mixture tasted, I remember telling him I could have drank 4 of them. That was his concern. On both occasions they thought I wouldn't survive the night. Several times recently I felt like overdoesing again. I have enough prescription medications to do my self in again. I had ever thing at one point in time to just barely surviving. Should I decide to attempt again, I wouldn't even be aware what's going on and unable to dial 911. Eventually they would find me dead. Please don't take this lightly as I am on the brink of suicide again. .

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Don't do that Wayne I would miss you alot. I do care for you. You know I am here for you.

Alfawolf

Posted

Richard, thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

Do you mind if I copy your message to the Rainbow Lounge, so all members (not just gay guys) can be aware?

L

Wayne_Parker
Posted

Tara, if you wish I have no problem adding Richards comments and the one response from Dennis Mix. I am in contact with a few professionals to help deal with my issues.

Posted

I wrote L♥VE on my wrist, take a look at my photo and perhaps get some inspiration!

L♥VE to the people!
/Max

Drew_Higgs_Bouson
Posted

Richard you don’t know me, but I know quite a lot about you and what you have done for Dean. I didn’t realise about the day, or that you had lost your B/F, that sucks big time.

What I do know, and others should know, is what you did when Dean was so low and attempted suicide. I can say that because he has made it public. I also know that he was madly in love with you and you handled that in the best way possible even if you didn’t know it. You showed him that there are some real good gay guys who just want to be very good friends and do not want anything in return, and he needed to know that not every gay just wanted his body, so thank you.

Because of you I have met the most amazing guy ever, the guy I described in my diary when I was just 15 as my perfect b/f. Thank you Richard very very much, you have actually made both Dean and me very happy and thats why I want to say this on here where others can read what a great guy and friend you are. Have a great day and a great life mate

Posted

Thank you for that, Drew.
I'm really happy for you and Dean, it's so great that everything is finally getting better for him, I remember when he was feeling really down and I'm glad I was able to help him and now his life is back on track and everything is going the way he wants it to, it's just amazing to read about it!

Posted

I've read over my first post on this and realised I typed 6 years by accident, sorry guys Paul died 7 years ago, not 6 - that's my fault should've looked what I was typing!

Posted

I don't know where I could talk about this, whether here, or nowhere else at all.
In similar ways I can relate to Wayne Parker and ofcourse, many others. It's a sad thing to hear the troubles of others. Unfortunately, I never really felt sorry for my own troubles. Am I supposed to care for my own troubles?