My Dad - Your WRITES

Posted

My dad
No one inspires me more than my dad. He worked hard and as I child I remember him working six days a week and on the sunday had would spend time with his family.
Sundays were such a special day I remember many times we would go to the market him and me and when we came home there would be the smell of sunday roast in the house.
After lunch he would go outside and dig the garden where he grew our vegetables or he would work around the house making something or fixing something.
He was always there for me when I needed him and I really didn't have to do much to make him proud.
My dad and I were close my two brothers seemed to take after my mum more than I did.
I guess you could say I was a chip off the old block.
My dad passed away of leukemia and years later I got it too my brothers' bone morrow did not match mine.
I still hear my father's laugh sometimes when I laugh and so many times I find myself thinking oh wow he would love that as my mind wonders and remembers happy times.
I only wished my ex was half the man my dad was. He was never there for our kids I did everything for them.
So on a day when I remember and miss my dad I thank God for that fact I am a lot like my dad.
Stronge and stubborn like my dad my family is my world and now it is my turn to show my children how a life should be lived.
See the good in all people and help when I can. Never judge others, live and let live and be kind to our fellow man.

Posted

When I was just a tiny kid,
Do you remember when?
The time you kissed my bruises,
Or cleaned by soiled chin?

You scrambled for the balls I hit,
(Short-winded more than not,)
Yet, every time we'd play catch,
You praised the "balls" I caught.

It seems like only yesterday,
You wiped away my tears,
And late at night I called your name,