Just wondering how everyones walk with God is? - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

Hey, i know this is just out there. But I'd like to know how everyones walk with Christ is going. My friend is a theology major and is doing a thesis to try to "inform to reform" the Seventh Day Adventists way of treating their lgbt members. So basically, I was going to ask how your walks with Christ are going? Why are they going the way they are going? Who had the biggest influence on you Christian walk, good or bad? and if youve ever felt personally hurt by a fellow church member? if so, how? If you can help me help my friend out, that'd be so great!!! thanks guys!!! =)

John_Grant_61544
Posted

Daniel my walk with God has becone interesting and powerful over the last 18 months. I have woken up and am growing up. I am keen to distinguish my relationship with God from that with any human religious organisation. I am a member of a church but on the fringe and not there because it is wonderful over gay issues. I have seen in my own life how I ran off the rails in my relationship with God and how involvement in church can potentially take our eyes off the really important things.

I dodn't waste time and energy arguing, debating or discussing with those who call themselves aetheists or fundamentalist Christians. I think they are deaf and blind and not in any way open-minded so rational debate is not going to change them. I focus on the problem that i can do anything about and I see that in the mirror and with the help of like-minded people and God I can and am making a difference. Its exciting and liberating but painful.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

David_Cloud
Posted

I take a similar line to John. I believe that your strength lies in the way you live your own life....the example of loving, caring, honesty and kindness that you show to those around you. I consider this to be how to reflect God's love here on Earth and to encourage others, by your example, to live by the values that are important for them.

If you come across bad attitudes in others during your life then certainly try and show them the negative consequences of their attitudes but do not burn up all your energy trying to 'reform' them or 'convert' them. Rather spend your short time on this Earth doing good things and, as John says above, changing those things that you can.

Wayne_G
Posted

I am still a member of the Seventh day Adventist church and was just wanting to let you know that I can answer any questions you may have in regards to your friend. Is he studying at Avondale college? I am also in contact with others in the same situation as me. If you like you can contact me for further information. Cheers Wayne