Do you really know how good it is to feel alive? - Get HAPPY

Posted

Do you really know how good it is to feel alive?
I want to tell you my good news and I know when people ask me most of the time I say I'm OK.
Well time for the truth on the 14th of June 2002 one day before my 39th birthday I was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML).
Here is what I didn't tell people at the time I had a 5% chance of surviving. My bone marrow did not match my brother's so I couldn't have a bone morrow transplant.
The doctor told me I could go on trial drugs which to me meant less time in hospital and away from my family.
So that is what I did and over the last ten years I have lost count have many blood tests, bone marrow bi ops, injections (some I had to give myself which freaked me out)
and so many visits to doctors and hospitals.
Today I was told I have a zero count which means if I can stay on zero for the next 2 years maybe I can get off my meds.
This is what I have been hoping for so many years now and at last I got the news today.
I am not just living with CML now I am beating it.
I am so happy today I want to tell the world.

Posted

Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! That's the greatest news! Wow...you are a really strong person and you have made me change my Outlook on my life that has had me so sad and honestly I feel like such a whiner crying about my petty problems when you're fighting and winning for your life...literally! Thank you for sharing this!

Posted

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Hugs Carol tight tight ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

we love you xx

Posted

What fabulous news! Thanks Carol for your openess. Love your posts here

Posted

Carol, OMG - I am so happy for you, this has improved my mood really really well!, I am so so so happy for you!. I love you to bits!

Karen_Wright
Posted

How awesome Carol that is really great. Glad u beat it, and hope u continue to beat that shit. Hugs to u Carol, glad ur my freind.

XOXOXOXO
Karen

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,Carol,
Vary,vary," WELL DONE " and you
do know that we all LOVE you,vary
vary much,don`t you !!........

Your Dear Friend, Tommy lol xxxxxx

Sarah_Keroack
Posted

So happy for you Ms. Carol and my fingers are crossed for the next 2 years

Posted

Cheers.... may you live 50 more years carol.... God bless you

Jodie_Hendricks
Posted

GLORY TO GOD, CONGRATS CAROL, I KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU MUST FEEL. IF I LIVED CLOSER I WOULD MAKE YOU DINNER AND HAVE SOME WINE TO CELEBRATE, THATS AWESOME, SORRY FOR CAPS

Posted

Oh gosh I better answer you all here.
@ Christy we all have our struggles in life and I am sure you aren't a whiner just know if you face each challenge that comes along it will make you stronger.
@ Ella I NEVER say no to a good hug... hehehe thanks mwahhhhhhhhh
@ Calvin Thanks
@ Bec you are a little angel
@ Karen I have to stick around because I know you like my stories hehehe
@ Tommy I loves you too hehehe
@ Sarah I know your fingers will be too busy to keep crossed all the time hehe
@ Vishal WOW not sure about another 50 years I'm happy still being around though that's for sure.
@ Jodie CAPS are fine... I wanted to shout when I heard the news too hehe and mmmm dinner and wine sound goooooood

Karen_Wright
Posted

ya Carol u gotta stick around so we can enjoy some more of ur stories for me,

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Karen XOXOXOXO