Jony_Star

Can We Co-Exist Or Not??? - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

so a few days ago I saw that the lock from the Lesbian Room had been lifted...and well i thought...that's great...but apparently some girls feel that it's ok to come into the Gay Guys room to tell us to back off the Lesbian Room...and it's ridiculous and really mean to do that...we're all friends, gay and whatnot...sure gays and lesbian don't necessarily go for the same team...but still can we co-exist in peace or what???...cuz i mean this is ridiculous...i mean it was explained to me that the Lesbian room was invaded by guys showing their junk and all that business...but i still don't think we should be persecuted for others mistakes...and honestly why do we have to be separated in our own community???...we already have to put up with straight & religious societies...and now we have to be divided even within our own community???...i mean honestly girls sometimes come into our room and talk with us...and honestly we welcome them to come visit us...and it's kind of disappointing and a bit irritating that we don't get that same courtesy from the girls...i have nothing against anyone...but it's just really sucks to have to witness this indifference when we've been nothing but nice...but well if any of you girls have any trouble in your room and you don't have an M&G in your room feel free to find me or Andrey Guerrero on the Gay Guys room and we can take care of the problem for you...but what i ask from you...is to not come into our room to tell us to stay out of your room...you're welcome to come in at anytime so long as you come to interact with us in a friendly way...i can only hope that one day we can receive that same courtesy from the Lesbian Room...some of you may think why do we want to come in so badly???...it's not so much that we wanna come in to the room...but it's more that again we don't receive that same courtesy and the only thing we get pretty much is indifference...most Lesbians have been in my discussion and I've become friends with some of the girls that have popped into our room...so i know not every lesbian feels the same...but well maybe you girls should give us a chance before drawing to conclusions...so i ask you again...can we co-exist or not???

Thatkideddy
Posted

I agree with u. I think that sum guys just take advantage of d girls room. Why cant we all b friends?

Posted

Jony, very well put!! Please let me know the name of the girls by inbox so I can address this issue with them.

"the Lesbian room was invaded by guys showing their junk and all that business...but i still don't think we should be persecuted for others mistakes...and honestly why do we have to be separated in our own community???."

Well said!!!

Tara

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I just have to say that I stop by the ladys room last nite and yes at first I was told that there is a mens room but after I explain why I was there not to talk with them but to go into private chat I was told that they were sorry for jumping on me and that I was welcome...I also told them that if the hear or see any men doing something wroug to please report them and if they like they could message me...I have to say that the ladys in the room was very nice and when I was done with private chat I said good-nite and went on my way...I would also like to say that I do believe we all can get along but remember there are those guys/and girls that just don't know how to act...

Posted

Well said, Jony. You are obviously very logical and correct, it is unfortunate that other gay men should be persecuted for a few others mistakes. We can all coexist together by "effective communication". Put down the defense and talk with one another like adults should.
Jony, you are right it is bad enough to deal with many other oppression, but to fabricate that within our own community is unfortunate.

Posted

I think you will find that the ladies do not have problems with the gay guys, it's the guys that pretend they are gay that come into the room. A gay guy would not ask a lesbian for cam, or want to show his business to her on cam.

So I think the problem has been the ladies getting defensive when they see a guy come in.

Richard_Edwards
Posted

I would suggest 3 rooms - gay men only, lesbians only, gays and lesbians together.
With the 3 rooms, everyone will know what to expect.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

the site has 3 room Richard
1 Gay Guys
2Lesbians
3 Rainbow lounge

Richard_Edwards
Posted

Yes, but they are not defined as ONLY gay men, ONLY lesbians, TOGETHER gays and lesbians.
I understand that some people may want their comments to be read by the same sex and not by the opposite sex.

Posted

i have no problem with gay guys hanging in the in the same room as myself. i as a lesbian have lots of gay male freinds. we should repeat each other . i have enough with straight people. when they find out that i date women. i hate to hear it in our world.

Posted

There is something I do not understand... On the main page it says "The Social Network for the LGBT Community". Is it still social when there are divided chat rooms?
When I enter a chatroom it is the same for me like when I go to a social place in real life (cafe, theatre, movies, ...). My intention is to talk to people in a decent kind of way, to have a fun time and to, possibly, meet new friends, and yes, both men and women.
The divided rooms make Gays.com look like a "dating" site, which I do not find a good thing.
It is sad that there are always people who have to ruin it for others (people who harass other people...).
Browse the groups for example, you will find lots who promote things who would fit more on a "dating" site than on a social site, so it doesn't surprise me that some people also try things in the chatroom...
Long time I have been searching for a decent site where LGBT people can talk to each other, and not in a sexual but in a decent kind of way.
My first impression was that Gays.com is a site like that, kind of like (which was said in another topic) the Facebook for LGBT people...
The longer I am a member here the more disappointed I get...
I believe we should all stick together: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender.
Be friends, help and support each other and not be devided by gender or something else...
To quote the great John Lennon: Give peace a chance!

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i like to think that we all can get along but before that happens, every one needs to ask them selfs, CANT WE ALL GET ALONG?

Posted

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for their support...and honestly I know that the Lesbian Room has issues with straight guys passing off as gay guys...and that's fine...I can understand that they're on the defensive...but I think it would be great if they wait and see rather than attack any male who enters the room...I'm glad to know that this matter was addressed because to have a lesbian come into the Gay Guys room and ask us to stay out was really offensive...because I've never heard of any gay guys going into the Lesbian room and telling them to stay out of our room...but well again I'm really glad this matter was addressed and that we'll finally be able to get along...as always thanks for hearing me out and let's have a great time from now on...love you all...^_^

Posted

OK this is how I see it and some may agree and some may hate me but I'll tell you what I think.
There are five chat rooms the Rainbow Lounge where everyone is welcome.
The Gay Guys room where Jony has invited me to pop in and say hi and I have done that a couple of times but I feel like it is not my place to go in there.
Because it is for the guys and i respect that.
The Lesbians room which is where everyone one from Women, MTF, FTM, cross dressers and who identity themselves as women and those fake account made by guys who think they can talk dirty to girls. (Which are deleted as soon as we report them).
The Bisexual Room and Transgender room. Most bisexuals go into the Rainbow Lounge or their sex room.
The transgenders are welcomed in the Lesians room.

Now this is what I noticed it is the younger girls who get upset if a guy enters the Lesbian room.
The younger girls turn on their cams and love to chat to the other girls on cam.
The more muture girls in the room don't use their cams as much.
So when a guy comes into the Lesbian room it is more often than not it is the younger girls who freak out.
Like someone just opened the change room door, they feel unsafe.
I have lost count how many times I tell the girls you can just click on the name and click ignore if they have a problem with someone.
I also tell the girls to report anyone who hassles them but they always ask me to do that for them or just don't bother.

I also feel it depends who is in the room at the time if you feel welcomed or not.
There have been times when I feel OK it's all the youngies I'll leave them to it and I go.
But I do check in on them just to see how everything is going from time to time if I'm on-line. (Being the mother hen I am).
I don't have a problem talking with the guys but I know some girls do.
We have the Rainbow Lounge which can get very busy and lots of fun so maybe having a place just for the guys and other place just for the girls is a good idea.

What ever happens there is no excuse for rudeness to anyone else and I believe most of the time the chat rooms are a very friendly place and we can all enjoy them.