My coming out story written. - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

My name is José Bravo, i am twenty years old and as you may know i am gay. As far as i can remember everything started when i was 5 or 6 years old, i cannot remember very well, but since that time i started to realize that i had physical attraction towards man, but i just kind of thought that i was normal at that age because i was experiencing things i had never felt before. As time passed, that attraction was getting stronger and stronger, even i had dreams with man making love and stuffs like those. I knew something like that is not normal in a straight guy so i started to read about it, but i was afraid of being gay because my family dislikes that, i heard many commentaries from them that said bad things against gay people and that really freaked me out. When i started the secundary school the things changed, i preferred to stay with the girls than the boys, i never played soccer, baseball or things that men play. I knew something was happening. But as i always heard and saw people making fun of gay people that made me afraid to recognize whether i was gay or not. I preferred to stay in the closet as many people say. Then, when i was 13 i had to move to Maracaibo, the city where i am living right now( i am venezuelan and i am sorry for my english i know it isn´t very well). When i moved here i did not have any friends but my cousins and i wouldn´t talk about my sexuality with my cousin because they could tell anyone or at least that was what i thought. When i was 17 years old i started to contact gay people, using the internet and through text messages.. I always tell them that i was bixesual, i still doubted about my sexuality, while i was meeting gay people i was scared of being discovered for anybody of my family, and i lived my life like that tover 2 years. When i was 19 i decided to tell my mom that i was gay, i thought i was cheating on her and that i what made me take that decision. That day i was really scared, i couldn´t even thought about anything else but how i was going to tell her, i knew that she wouldn´t tell me anything bad but you know that your mind can control you. So that day i was about to back down i went to my neighbor house i told her, she couldn´t believe me because i do not look like a gay guy, so she support me and went with me to my house to tell my mom, so i called my mom i told her that i had to tell her something. She thought i would tell her that i was going to have a baby and i told her that it wasn´t that. I looked at her and i made her promise me that she had to love no matter what i was going to tell her, and that was when i told her that i do not like girls, i am gay. she did not say anything, and i told her to tell me something, i told her to hit me or something but what she said was that she loves me and nothing wouldn´t change, she is not the only mom with a gay son so she is gonna be by my side. I told her not to tell anybody else. My dad and siblings don´t know anything yet and i feel like telling them, i just wanted my mom to know, just her. Well, this is what i wanted to say so our moms are going to love us infinitely.

Dave_Mack
Posted

What a great coming out story. I am gald your mom has stood by you. It shows that truely a mothers love is forever. Do keep up posted when you talk with yourt dad and other family members.
Oh and don't worry about your English. I was able to understand it.
You have friends here. Keep us up to date.. and Good luck...

Posted

Thanks Dave, i will... And you are right, our moms are the best.

Posted

WOW Jose, that took the wind out of me, well done, really u should think about Writing for a Living. Well Done Jose

Posted

Thanks Richard, i´ll think about it... maybe tomorrow i can read write about something else to help the gay community..

Jose_Fernandes-Dias
Posted

it's a beautifully writtem story Jose!
I had a different come out experience. When I decided to do it my mos was already dead. The first person I talked to about being gay was my father. After some surprise he became my best friend. All my boyfriends have been accepted as part of the familly!
It became clear for me that being sincere and talking seriously about that was the best way to be accepted. From family to friends to work context...
Me gusto muchissimo leer tu narrativa. beso

Posted

Thanks Jose, and i am so glad your dad accepted you, i hope my dad does the same, Besos para ti también.

Jose_Fernandes-Dias
Posted

he will... besos y abrazos

Posted

Good Stuff Jose Bravo, U certainly do have a very great Gift for putting on paper what's in ur head, and that is a Blessing Few Possess. Think Hard about ur Writing, i Read many Book's, and i know a Good One when i read one. All The Best Of Irish 2 Ya.

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

You are beautiful. If you need anything just let me know.

Julian_Antony
Posted

wow great story and am glad that you shared its with us.

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

My first experiance was on my 13 birthday

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I think that was a great story and I hope every thing goes great for you.

Alfawolf

Posted

Yeah, thanks guys.. I just wanted to share this with you, hope this gives you strength to feel good with yourselves.

Posted

ummm Well, u r lucky one.... but my mom didn't accept me as a GAY... she started crying and she didnt eat for days... so I needed to act more like a straight guy towards her and I told her that I M NO MORE A GAY.... just to satisfy her...
YOU ARE LUCKY ONE Keep Chilling

Jose_Fernandes-Dias
Posted

not nice Jawad, I imagine. sometimes parents prefer not to aknowledge, even knowing what's happening; they are not able to talk about...
then you have to find a way of living your own life...

Posted

It is so sad Jawad Aryan, but look at the good side, you were honest to your mom but let me tell you that deep inside she loves you, that is why she reacted like that, believe me that there comes a time when things are gonna change and your mom is gonna realize how you are, who you are and you can be as you are.

Posted

Haha well, my mom came to know about my homosexuality twice, and in both conditions she was overeacting and emotionally warned me that she will suicide if i do that..... Well, nothing can be changed bcz i tried twice, third time will be stupidity...! so i had already forgot what i m really hehe

Posted

It is really serious what you are saying Jawad, you cannot change who you are because of your mom.. I know that you love her so much but you need to have your own life as she did. .. I mean, you can change the way you are in front of her but it doesn´t mean that you gotta be straight because of someone..
Sooner or later your mom is gonna accept you because i know that it is like that, my mom told me that way all mother in the world want is their children to be happy, no matter how they are as long as we are good children, no matter gay, lesbian, bisexual...
Do not force yourself to be sth you are not..
Take care bro, Kisses...
Let me know about you.

Posted

welll dude.... I have learnt in my life that homoxexuality had not earned me anything.... I am no more interested in it.... i have changed myself to much greater level, and I dont meet any gay guy, nor i have any sexual activities with them, so yaa i will get rid of this attraction soon.... CHEERS TO ME and U too BCZ U HAVE GOT GREAT MOM

Posted

That's quite the story man. It's a great feeling telling someone important once it's over at least I told my mom first and left my dad out for a few months and my mom ended up spilling the news to my dad. This is a video of me talking about my experience I hope you can get something out of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFvfifBaZGo&feature=plcp

Jose_Fernandes-Dias
Posted

that a nice suggestion Jaden. I'v been looking your video, is great.
hope Jawad also looks.

Posted

Nice coming out Jaden... You made a great video.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Jaden that is a great coming out story and I hope the ones that watch it are able to come out too....
Jose that is a great story and I know you will know when it is right to come out to others...

Posted

Nice Jaden, just watched your Video, wish you all the best in your life