The Road - Your WRITES

Posted

It was such a hot day, the Sun beamed on to my face, my eyes almost blinded. I took off my shoes and walked barefoot on the tarmac. Down this lonely, country road, birds singing, trees dancing in the soft breeze. I walked alone, only my shadow was my company. As i looked and thought about my life, i saw a stranger sitting by the side of this road, he was singing, ever so softly, it was nice i thought, welcoming in fact. When i got closer he tipped his hat, 'lovely day i might say', smiling i said 'yes, it certainly is' and continued walking. He called after me, 'Susan, come sit with me for a moment' stopping, and turning my head towards him stunned, i asked how he knew my name, his answer was 'i know everything' intrigued i walked back towards him, keeping my distance all the while. 'How do you know my name, tell me' he rose from his position and took off his hat, 'see me now, this is my face, im just a lonely old man, sitting here by the side of this road, dont be frightened, im not here to hurt you, simply here to answer your questions' hmmm, 10 minutes passed as i stared at him, puzzled, unsure. 'Answer my questions huh, ok then, answer me this, 'Why is life so hard to live?' smiling at me he answers 'You choose this life, how hard it is is down to you, your choices, you choose this life for a reason, before you even entered this life, you knew what you wanted from it.' thinking, i continued with another question. 'ok, tell me this, if i choose this life, why havent i met the love im searching for?' smiling he once again answered, 'you have found her, before you chose this life, she has always been with you, through all your lives, and all your experiences, you both chose each life, as mates throughout, friends, lovers, and you already knew when you would meet in this life, you are soulmates, and your spirits are kindred, therefore are as one' with this i cut him off, 'why havent i found her then' He simply replied, 'you have' then he walked away, singing, and never looked back. so on i went with my walk and deep in thought i tried to make sense of the encounter. When suddenly a face flashed in front of me, then i realised, it was her, her all along, the one who stood by me thick and thin, then one who cried with me, loved with me, and followed me, she was my friend, she was my kindred spirit, she was my dog, Molly hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Helen_Lane_Li
Posted

A lovely twist if it was a twist but in here I find some truths I believe also

Thanks susan

Posted

Lol - I was all engrossed reading til the last part ..

SUSAN ! ! ! lol

Posted

hahaha i have to throw humour into everything hahahaahaah. Yes it makes sense helen, i just cant keep it too serious lol. xx

Posted

I agree with Ella! You had me and it was building and building...then you said your DOG!!!! Very good writing!!! Loved it!!!

Posted

Haha, well im working on some more serious stuff, all jokes aside, im more into storys than poems. xxxxx

Posted

I'll be sitting here , looking forward to your story xx