Jony_Star

Just When Humanity Couldn't Get Worse - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

so my mom went to a food bank today like she does every tuesday...and well today she forgot to bring some food and water for Luna...it was just her and Luna...and well Luna was telling my mom that she was thirsty so my mom asked the sign-in lady if they had anything cold to drink for the baby...she went to check and said nope sorry...my mom pretty much asked 4 different people...and nobody wanted to give her anything...and some of the people she asked were usually nice...but today they were so mean...and not only that...the sign-in lady was telling the kids to give up their seats for the older people becuz the chair was for the clients and they weren't the clients...and it's like WTF???...so pretty much the kids got picked on today...and it was both frustrating and upsetting for my mom to see that they didn't wanna give her anything to drink for Luna...she began to tell that sadly in this country she always had that problem...the day she arrived in San Diego her and my dad would go around asking for a glass of water and people would give them dirty or suspicious looks...and it's sad that generosity isn't part of humanity...now some people look at others as if they were inferior or disgusting...forgetting that they're human beings just like them...and even more sad that a toddler that is 3 1/2 years old can get something cool to drink...sure my mom didn't come prepared...but why should the child have to suffer like that for an hr???...then my mom tells me that Mexico is a totally different story...she was climbing this steep hill one day...and it was very hot...she stopped for a bit on the sidewalk and this lady comes out and offers my mom to step inside and get something to drink, water, juice, or a soda...but she said that most people here in America are just really nasty people...and it's people like them that make her wanna go back home to Mexico...and sadly when she tells me things like this...i do too...cuz i mean you can't spare a cup of water or juice???...oh but get this...so they denied my mom something to drink...but then the secretary and sign-in lady decide to split this lemonade drink between themselves...and the guy who's in charge of distributing the food gave my mom a bag of those lemon drinks...and she was like it's bullshit...why couldn't he give me one of those drinks when i asked for one???...it was for the baby it wasn't for me...just when you think you're being helped by good people...you have to see that they're not as nice as they seem...and it's even worse that it's happening in a place where they're helping you out...but hey this is the land we live in...i guess we just gotta keep expecting for the worse...cuz apparently real good people are REALLY HARD to come by...

Posted

yea...i mean i don't know...maybe it could be cuz we were young and we weren't seeing the world as it is...but to open your eyes and see people like this...it's wow...and it's really a shame...cuz then overtime you either stand your ground & maintain your cool...or you either become like them...and fight fire with fire...i mean yea this really gets me mad too...because how can you sit there drinking a cold beverage when there are children there who are hot and exhausted???...like i said on my facebook...if you can't spare something to drink for someone asks you for a drink for their 3 1/2 child...and you actually do...no matter how "nice" you are to the rest of the world...reality is your a horrible shitty ass person who is totally heartless...and i can only hope the same thing happens to them...see how they feel...but at the end of the day...why would you expect a heartless person to feel anything???...today is just an upsetting day...

David_Cloud
Posted

Jony, your writing makes these things so real to us, including those of us not even living on the American continent. I thank you for always bringing out the issues of how we treat each other. It makes me stop and think, and I do consciously try to do my bit to help the world go round. But there's always more to be done. Thank you for all your insights and writings....

Posted

i just write what i see and what i feel...but thanks for reading David...

Sherry_Billings
Posted

I'm sorry that your mom went through that. It's sad that there are such poor excuses for human beings out there. It's kind of interesting that you posted this because I was going to try a social experiment last week asking people for water to see what they would say.

Posted

well i'm glad this helped a bit...but well if you still want to give it a shot...go ahead...i mean i don't doubt that there are nice people out there...but apparently we mostly get the bad ones...who knows???...you might have some luck and find a generous person with a heart and consideration for others...