Posted

Over it

I cannot say with certainty,
when the tide began to change;
But the little things she use to do
Suddenly seem annoying if not strange.

Her laughter now just grates my nerves
I can no longer bear the sound,
The silences between us seem endless and so loud!

Yet I still crave her presence,
Her kisses on my face;
I still love the feel of her inside of me,
And bathe in her warm embrace.

But the silences and that grating laugh,
Can drive me ‘round the bend!
And I find that I can’t hide my annoyance,
Can no longer just pretend...

That there isn’t a storm that’s brewing,
Stalking me like a lion and its prey,
I still want her to be near me,
Yet I want her to go away.

I cannot say with certainty,
When my emotions began to drift;
Perhaps my mind and body are at war,
But I think my mind is simply
Over it!

Bobbye Webb
07/25/2012

Posted

I have felt like this before... It is as if you can't imagine your life without their presence yet you know nothing is or ever will be the same as it was when it began. Am I right?

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

Yes! That is so right Alan! I feel like I'm going insane.

Posted

Yes, I know exactly what your saying, and it does make you feel crazy. Somewhere along the line the physical has become familiar and enjoyable as it should be but the relational part was tainted.

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

Exactly Debbie and I don't know what happened. I don't know if it's just something in me or what.

Posted

In my experiences with this, there has been some seed of doubt at some point planted (and my gut has always been right!). If I brought it into the open and discussed it with any of my partners (4) I either got open honesty which usually ended the relationship immediately or I believed their lies and ended up with ulcers and it got worse over time anyway and ended. Is there any moment you can go back too, where something like that happened?

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

Yes Debbie, I can think of many. However, I have dissected the problem at hand and I think she is trying to make me a miniature version of herself and I don't do boxes or closets (if you get my meaning). So this poem is not so much about doubt but about me fighting against what her ideas of what I should be and what we should be, and she is failing to realize this will only make me want to run and gets on my last nerve! Has that ever happened to you?

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

Debbie, I can think of many experiences, but this time it's not doubt or lies that is the problem. I have given this some serious thought and I think what is irking me is that she is trying to make me some miniature version of herself and she has this idea of what I should be and what "we" should be, but I don't do boxes or closets (if you know what I mean). What she is failing to see is that she is pushing me away and getting on my last nerve! Does this make sense?

Posted

Yes, it makes sense and that's happened in 2 of my relationships. But do you see the seed of doubt?.......could the seed be "why doesn't she love me the way I am?
just thnking...........

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

You know what Debbie? That makes perfect sense. Now all I have to do is have "the talk" with her. She will be in town tomorrow. Good Lord! Pray for me, lol.