Andrew_Joseph_Rainey

Well.. The cliche! - The Gay Christian Network

Andrew_Joseph_Rainey
Posted

Okay well my dad kicked me out... and yeah he is totally not okay with me being gay! yeah whos surprised! well.. he says stuff like i need help and i should be locked up! and stuff... still.. whos surprised!... idk i love my dad... i miss him... i wish things were okay!... I would love to introduce him to my partner!

David_Cloud
Posted

Andrew, that's really tough for you, and it makes me extremely upset when I hear that parents have done that to their own children.

I completely understand about you still loving him, missing him and wanting him to know your partner. The fact that at the moment he is blocking you must be putting an enormous emotional burden on you.

If possible, don't ever close the door on him because there has to be a hope and a chance that one day he will change.

Does your partner have a loving family that supports your relationship ? Can you feel emotional support from their love ?

Thinking of you and willing that you keep up your emotional strength to cope with it. Glad you have a partner to help you.

Andrew_Joseph_Rainey
Posted

My partner has not come out to his family, his family would do the same, I was kinda forced out... My friend got pissed at me and told my dad...

Michael_Truhlar
Posted

i feel srry for you Andrew, your parent(s) shouldn't have done that. I'm glad that you still love your dad. If you need anything i am here to help.

Rae_Chika
Posted

That's really messed, sorry to hear that!… I can relate too, my family flipped out and is majorly homophobic/gay haters big time! I only have 1 blood family member who is supportive of me! So I can imagine how you must be struggling right now. …Thankfully, I have my adopted family (which are great

Rod_Bell
Posted

@Andrew I know that it can be rough whenyou're "outed" by others. If you need alistening ear we are here. I tried to come out, then was further outed by my aunt. I hae been cutoff from my family, because they won't accept me being gay and having HIV.MY MAIN THOUGHT IS:: DON'T GIVE UP!

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Andrew I know how you feel my dad didn't accept me and I left home when I was young...I too found a very nice man and it took my father a long time before he even wanted to meet him and his family was the same way with me..

So 25 years later and we are still together Both family has accept us and love us for who we are...So things might seem bad now but pray and in God's time he will show them the way...

If you ever need to talk you can message me...Good Luck and just love the one your with for a very long time...

David_Lopez_54958
Posted

I can relate to you. I experienced a similar situation of rejection when I was growing up. My father and brother used to tease of gay people and they laught of them. I was a teen and was very scare and neved had the courage to tell them, until my father died two years ago. Later I was blessed with good friends and a marvelous partner that helped me through all difficult times. I am glad for you that you have a partner, If you need someone please contact me. God Bless you.

Posted

@andrew: it's so sad to hear stories like yours. I do admire you though. You have an inner strength that shows just by how you much you love your dad.

There are so many amazing folks here! It warms my heart.