Why is it so hard to make (gay) friends? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Maybe it is just me, but this is something I'm wondering about for some time now. For some reason it is very difficult to meet "like minded" people and I haven't got a clue why or what I am doïng wrong...
I always try to be nice to people, for example, when I send a message to someone I almost never get a reply back. I never send blank friend requests. Same as in real life I like to get to know a person better. Because of almost never getting a answer back there are a lot of things goïng through my head, mostly it are things like "not cute enough", "not interesting enough", ... I know I am not perfect, hey, I am who I am. If you accept me for who I am I will accept you for who you are!
So is it me or am I seeing ghosts? Though this may sound as a rant, this is not my intention. This is just something I am wondering about.
Does this sounds familiar to you? Do you also find it difficult to meet/find friends?

Posted

Hi Kristof, you are not alone and I would be happy to be your friend if that's OK with you.

Posted

Sure :-) Always happy if someone is happy to be my friend :-D

Posted

Well you have a lot going for you so don't think bad things about yourself. It is your uniqueness that makes you so attractive.

Jake_Kamal
Posted

I will be your friend

David_Hobbs
Posted

Hey Kristof, hope you are o.k, I think it happens to a lot of us. Its not just a gay thing, it also happens in the straight world. I think some people have maybe self esteem issues and may not think they are good enough to be someones friend, (but obviously that dosent apply to everyone)they may look at someone and think they may not be good enough to talk to. Maybe i'm talking a load of rubbish seen by some but thats the way I look at things. I think the greatest tragedy in life is that some people are afraid to take a chance, bedcause that certain person may become one of the greatsest friends or partners they ever had. You look after yourself and if you would like to add me please feel free. :-)

Posted

Believe it or not but I'm suprised to get so many replies so fast :-) Not that I'm complaining, on the contrary, I love it! :-) It is midnight here now and I thought, I post this now so hopefully I have something to read in the morning or when I come home from work tomorrow :-D
Thank you all for replying, means a lot to me :-)
I will answer everyone back, but I'm not always online so please give me time :-)

@ Jake, thank you, if you want to be my friend I will be your's back :-)
@David, talking rubbish? No, not at all, I understand perfectly what you are saying :-)

Neville_Cavanagh
Posted

im older gay man and i would like to have you as a friend love meeting and talking to pepole all over this world as life is to short not to have friends and pepole that care around you

elSac08
Posted

I, too, would be happy to be your friend

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

i dont know eather kris but you can awleys hit the chat rooms onn here and it can help you meet more people

Rod_Bell
Posted

@Kristof,

Welcome to gays.com I am always open tobei g friends. Thereis so much one can learn from others and their experiences!

Rod

Brian_A_Case
Posted

i have felt the same way, i'll receive no reply or the ones i do get all say the same thing "send a naked picture of yourself". i tell them if you want to see more lets get to know each other a little better first. start by adding me as a friend.

Posted

Hi Kristof, i will download u as a friend, i could also do with some Chat

Posted

@ Richard: Hey Richard, added you, but one question: how do you download a friend? Is that possible these days? Lol :-DD

@ Brian: Hey Brian, when people ask me that question I always send them a picture of my thumb :-DD On the picture of my thumb I'm not wearing gloves so I think it qualifies as beïng a naked picture :-PP
But yes, understand what you mean or how you feel. And for me it is a big no to ask me that question if you want to be friends.

@ Rod: Thank you for the welcome Rod :-)

@ Tachuwe: Thanks for the tip :-))

@ Ellis: You're welcome to become my friend Ellis :-))

@ Neville: Concerning friendship I don't care about age :-)) I believe in beïng young at heart :-)) And I agree with you that life is too short :-))

Posted

LOL, Kristof, a few of the Guy's Accept u, but then u never hear from them again.

Posted

Guess that always be a problem on the internet... You can make really great friends online, but it is not the same as staying in touch with your real life friends...

Posted

Well it's Quality not Quanity

Dennis_Shook
Posted

This topic hits home with me hard. I dont mind going out to clubs, but you tend to meet either young guys who are flaky (NOT ALL YOUNG GUYS ARE FLAKY) or people who are drunk, I have nothing against drinking or even a little 420 lol, I am 47, handsome, but I DONT HAVE A CLUE, it gets lonely sometimes, we need male as well as female friends in our lives, we also need sex. But that's a whole other topic in itself. Well I am Dennis from Riverside California hit me up if you would like to get to know each other as friends.

Posted

To quote Jim Morrison: "People are strange". It's not easy making friends, I know and it's even more difficult when you look "different". Ok, so I look scary (as some say), but I am who I am and will not change for anyone! My look is based, with my love for Music, on bands like The Cure. Alternative yes, but worldwide popular since the late seventies.
I gave up hoping to make friends long time ago, if you want to talk to me always welcome to do so. Then you will find I always talk back in a friendly and humorful way.
Dennis, I believe everyone is beautiful (handsome) in his/her own way :-)
And if you want to get to know me always welcome to talk to me ;-)

Posted

I agree Kristof, First of all i think u are Beautiful, and yeh Second of all, Every Human Being is Beautiful, Look into someone's Heart 2 see the Real Beauty.

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

you just got to love jim his musicv still stands the teast of time

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,The DOOR`S,is one of my best loved
Band`s of all time !!!!!!!!!.