naddii

questions from a curious girl. - Lesbian Ladies

naddii
Posted

hi everyone. my name is Nadia and I live in Denmark.
I've been out since I was 17, and my family and friends excepted me for me, and not for my sexuality. the good about living in my country is that no one are mean because your gay, so I don't have a story about people who's been mean or worse to me, but unfortunately that's not the case in other countries.
so, what I'm asking or trying to ask.. god, I'm terribly at this.. sorry. /:
are there some of you guys who have some stories about a time in your life, that's been difficult because your gay? I hope to hear from u.. and sorry if my spelling is bad or some of the words are switched around, I temp to do that some times.

with a lot of love here from Denmark. (:

June_Ushikoshi_Aka_June_Asia
Posted

My ex's mother stole over $10k from me and run away. Told everyone in her family the reason she left was because I was gay and as a good Christian, she could not be around me.

.... She sure waited until she was able to have the money she was begging to "borrow" and onece she had it in her hand, she sure left so fast.

Rose_Downer
Posted

Because i don't really advertise my sexuality and because in Britain it is tolerated (if not completly accepted) then at least in public I haven't really come across any problems. I had more experience with racism then homophobia. And by the way June no offence but your mum is a bitch and using religion to play a con. Prison is the best place for her and I hope you and your ex is OK now.

naddii
Posted

hi June. sorry my late respond.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom.. I will never could do that to my own child, whatever happens. /: I have an uncle who lives in London, he owns a gaybar near the park where OL is going to happen. there have been some bullies and smacked him around because his gay.. I hate it cause I only sees him once a year or less, so I can't do nothing. ):
I hope you have a good life now, or?

Rae_Chika
Posted

Wow June that's horrible! … With me, it wasn't my ex's mom; it was my ex who did that. And she turned out to be one of THE STRANGEST b*itches that I have ever come across & I refuse to be in contact with her whatsoever!… For her, it was all about how she could use me, and that was her whole reason for tricking me into trusting her!… Then when she got all I had, she got abusive and started making up lies about me to everyone who would listen to her! Plus she used the "religion card" too!… It was a very hurtful experience, and although somehow I still loved her, I was THRILLED to dump her horrible scheming self!… So I feel for ya.

@Nadia, so I experienced that, and my biological family is full of homophobes and gay/lgbt haters! (They hate all people who are anything but heterosexual!)… They don't accept me at all, and they say that I am a pervert because I am not heterosexual! They use the "religion card" too (they say God hates me, I'm going to hell, make fun of me, etc.)! It's totally ridiculous, and undeserved! That is NOT how I am! And I'm the type of person that family is really important to me, but my biological family is awful to me! So we don't communicate with each other because they are awful and they don't care.

A lot of people get harassed for being gay/lgbt, and that is so uncalled for! People should not be judged or mistreated for being gay! People who we trust, especially, should not be like that!…

Posted

I was raised Being told if "choose" to be gay, I will be disowned.

Condition love is not love.

Rae_Chika
Posted

I was told that numerous times as well. (And yes, I also got disowned for that.) That is so wrong. People do not deserve that.

If it is safe and it is good, then it is love, and it should not be belittled!… Although people would like for us to believe that it is wrong, it is not wrong to be gay! Also, being truly anything, whether gay, hetero, or whatever someone is, that is not a choice.

In fact, since there is so much harassment for being gay, I've heard some people say that if it were about choice, it would be easier to choose what is most societally accepted: to be heterosexual!… (I believe that that is the wrong way of looking at it, and I don't think it's right to just follow along with whatever, or the most accepted "choice." But, I know what the people who say that mean.)… I might have gone slightly off topic with this paragraph, but it is ridiculous for anyone to believe that being homosexual is a choice! No, it is not a choice! (Just because I am not hetero, does not mean that I am biased!) People need to stop being arrogant and misinformed!

Ha, sorry my post is so lengthy. >.

Rae_Chika
Posted

Nadia, that is awesome that where you live it is so accepting, and that your friends and family accept you!

Also, that is really good that your uncle owns a gay bar… But, that is horrible that your uncle is mistreated for being gay!

Posted

I like your argument Rae, it if it were a choice it's a very hard one to live with. conservatives are very hard headed though so good luck. you know the next argument you will encounter is that god made you that way to test you and you can eschew the homosexual lifestyle....as if

Posted

Ah... In my case... God made a mistake in the order...

Posted

In my country(Nigeria),it's not allowed,it's an abomination,attending a gay marriage is illegal,Nigeria is not a conducive environment for gays,but was is in a person cannot be hidden forever. We can't. Kiss in public,and all that.We still find ways of being ourselves. The Society and our family is hard on us,but we have to be who we are,and hope they have to accept us at the long run