Doubt Fear Loss - Get HAPPY

Posted

We all collect so much baggage as we go through life.
Holding on to our doubts, fears and loss.
What we need to do is open our hearts and be brave enough to let someone in.
So many of us build walls to keep others out.

Everyone comes with baggage.
You just have to find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack.

Posted

Very well put, nice one Carol, for me I'm too scared too go any further than friendship, I have too much luggage too carry in life and am scared it will just get harder if I open up.

Posted

well if you need someone to help carry a few bags I'm here.

Posted

Great Stuff MUM, yeh i found the one Person i could really Trust and i unloaded Stuff i was going 2 bring 2 the Grave with me. Now i am as Free as a Bird, and it's Awesome. xx

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes Carol,
I must admit it does help when you
have that some One.

Yes i am Lucky in the Respect of finding
that vary Spl Person. LOL xxx
Tommy lol xxxxx

Tommy_Storey
Posted

And i now feel vary vary loved and Wanted.

This is one vary nice Feeling........... LOL xxxxxx

Posted

hey carol u r always there for others but if u need some help with your bags i've got 2 spare hands and a strong back xxxxx

Posted

Yes, Carol we do have baggage from our pasts. I was set free by two amazing women therapists. I offered to my beloved the freedom to be, unload her baggage and heal with me. But it cannot be forced, one needs to WANT to be free, but she constantly chooses to flee. Putting out little fires won't get the job done, it takes commitment and hard work, if you choose to be free.

Posted

I saw a therapist
The first time she said I need to give myself more 'me time'
She said she could see how stressful my life is and how busy everything keeps me.
She was amazed that now I am taking on renovating my house after living with leukemia for over 11 years now
and having a specials needs son and teenage daughter.
She said she wants me to stop pretending I am happy and be happy.
I told her yes I has been sick for a long time and now things need doing around here and it gives my life a purpose.
Everyone needs something to do and look back on and say 'wow I did that myself.'
I have also taken up writing poems which surprised even me.
I told her how I have many ways to make myself happy when I am feeling down from listening to music,
relax in the sunshine, a warm bath, a shopping trip just to wonder around and buy nothing or just a walk and so many other little tricks I have learnt.
She said it's like I have a box of tools that when I am down I just find one I need and use it to cheer myself up again.
She told me maybe I should start a self-help group and talk to others.

The second time I saw her
I showed her the room I painted since she was last here and told her about the books I was reading.
We walked through my garden and I showed her seedlings and cutting I was growing.
She said gosh you do keep yourself busy.
She asked me so many questions and said gosh you are doing so well
I told her about this group and she couldn't believe it
She also said she wants me to get out more and meet new people I said I will soon when the weather is better.
She asked me a few other things about being positive and asked me how she could help someone else.
After we talked she said well I guess I really don't need to see you again but if you want see me again here's my number.

Posted

That's truely amazing carol! You do help so many people here and you really care! I hope I don't become too much for you.

I spent 8 years doing "recontact" therapy almost every week backing off when I could not function while giving college another go and working two jobs.

Then spent another 9 reprogramming my mind, while working full time, then my mom was hospitalized so I took a FML for six months. I went back to work but I started having issues stuggling to work with numbers and the lies our comapany was sharing with the employees. One day I could not get out of bed, after 3 days my mom called my therapist and my meds doc and she drove me to see him. He said it was a mental breakdown. So I started over...and as they say, the rest is history!

Posted

I know you have been through so much Debbie and I will always be here.
If I help anyone and make you feel just a little better it makes me happy.
I was once told "if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem"
I'm starting to know what that really means now.
Too much is never enough. I always have time for a smile and a cuddle.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes i am finding that all what a lot of peaple is wanting
is to be Loved.
This is a human need what must be met at all cost or
other wise it can distroy most peaple in one way or the other
if they don`t get Love.
Tommy LOL xxxxx

Posted

A little kindness and a helping hand can go a long way
Showing someone you care by taking time to listen
it's not hard and it can help more than we ever know.

Posted

I love this. I have issues myself, but I am a caretaker in nature. I always worry more about everyone around me rather than myself. There is nothing worse than having feelings for someone who has a fortress of walls built around their heart and soul. What has happened in one's past needs to stay in the past, and not imprison them from the future. I know it's easier said than done, but it is possible. Once someone has been burned badly, they tend to be terrified of the same thing being repeated. Just because it happened before, does not mean it will again. Reassurance, guidance, love, a shoulder, an ear are just a few of the things that can help knock those walls down. I am praying everyday that a certain lovely lady will help me knock her walls down. Everyone deserves a long happy life with someone who cherishes them every minute of everyday.

Posted

Sorry people but I couldnt resist commenting on what's Andria saying here; I agree that what has happened is past & that it's possible to stop imprisoning ourselves & to not look to the empty half of the glass & all those nice words we always say. But still remains the fact that what happened once can happen all over again & again & again ....
People who have been hurt should always put that in mind & NEVER let go [coz it's a lesson they paid much to learn] all while keeping in mind that they can take calculated risks sometimes.