being judged - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

Tired of ppl not accepting me. Don't you just hate it when ppl say tht ur going to hell just cause ur gay or lesbian?

Tamika_Taylor
Posted

I've been bisexual for over 9 years now. My dad hates that I'm attracted to women... even though I still have attractions to men.

Posted

My dad is homophobic so I don't think he knows tht I like girls unless my mom told him

Tamika_Taylor
Posted

Oh no, I believe that mine is homophobic and he found out through my Facebook. He called me a lesbian when I'm not.

Posted

I don't understand parents...

Tamika_Taylor
Posted

Well here's the thing. You have to realize that things like this, coming out I mean, is going to take some time for your parents. How they handle it is completely in their hands. You have to have patience because right now, they are still either believing that this is a phase you're going through, or they are uncomfortable with your sexuality in general. If you decide to initiate a conversation about it, they might not want to talk about it. This should be fine by you. If they are hardcore religious people and really believe that homosexuality being a sin, tell them that you can't change how you feel about a girl just because the Bible said so, thats bullshit. Not all of my family knows that I'm bisexual, but at the same time, I'm still trying to recollect everything on whether or not if this is a true feeling or I'm attracted to women more than men. Again, 9 years later, and I'm having this conversation with myself about it. Anyways, accept the fact that you love who you love whether people like it or not. Never change for someone just because God doesn't let "unique" people into Heaven. Again, complete bullshit statement.

Posted

If it helps at all, a great deal of parents don't understand their kids either and that it's just as common when sexuality is NOT the issue. So just give your folks some space and keep respecting them in other areas of your life and hopefully they will come to respect you.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes in many cases,in time,many Son`s & Doughter`s after they
have got there own lives going,by haveing got there own Place,ect,
become Friend`s with there Perents.

For some reason the Perent`s veiw there off spring in a whole diffrant
light.
I don`t know if this help`s you at all,Francheska ??????.
Tommy xxxx