Bobbye_L._Webb

love - The Rainbow Lounge

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

Does it really matter who says "I love you" first? I have always believed that once you say it, the relationship starts to crumble. Maybe it's just me.

StarCrossed
Posted

I've been the first to say it, but, I'm always scared that saying it first is going to scare her away.

Posted

@bobbye: at first I chuckled at your comment because in my case, it's been true. I think once some people hear those words their not sure enough of the next step and in other cases some know they've won the prize so they think they own you and in other cases sadly, they know you will take care of them and they push the boundaries till you become crazy and you find out you were just being used. It's hard too because lots of people want instant gratification and either don't know how to make a commitment or just want to run when the goin gets tough.

@stephanie: it is scarey to be the first to say it and it has blown up in my face before but I think then it wasn't meant to be

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

Stephanie and Debbie. Thanks for your in put. I have never been the first to say it, but I'm on the verge and it scares me. Thing is I think she is gonna say it first and I'm not ready to hear it or to say it and it is so true that it can get f-ed up after saying it, but the potential of it being so amazing is attractive to me. Oh what's a girl to do. Thanks ladies, I will keep you updated.

StarCrossed
Posted

Well, I definitely wish you the best of luck whether you're the first to take the plunge or she is . Looking forward to the updates.

Bobbye_L._Webb
Posted

Thanks Stephanie, I will let you know. However, I have had a new development I can't get into now, but it may change the course of our whole relationship so who says it first may not matter after all. I will keep you posted.

Posted

Gee bobbye that sounds like it may be a sad situation.

Hugs

June_Ushikoshi_Aka_June_Asia
Posted

@bobye. I think once you say it, it raises the. At you have to clear and the person will easer feel oblerge to the call to step up or shy away and step back.

In either case, it triggers changes.

As some one who uttered "I love you" to my partner of 2 years prematually, and got lucky for having a very loving partner who accoodated my silly puppy love to her, I think, using interum step words like "I like you a lot" is a safer choice.

I enjoyed everyone else's input on this topic here.

June

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Bobbye from a mans side I would like to say that I said I love to my lover and 25 years later we are still together...I don't think it matters who saids it first but you must mean it and belived it too, then you can only hope that she in turn is at that point to say it back to you...
If you feel like it is going to hurt your relationship then I would have to say don't say it untill you feel your relationship can handle it...

Sorry so late commenting...In any case I hope that things work out for you...