Jony_Star

Hatred & Despair Win The Battle - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

so today is a bad for illegal immigrants in Arizona...the Part B of the SB-1070 law was approved today...so now cops have the right to stop anyone and ask them for legal documentation...and if they fail to show any documentation...they could obviously be deported...and i ask myself how is this fair???...how many more families are going to be separated???...how many hard-working people are going to lose their jobs???...how many students will have to see their dreams crashing down???...how can such anger and hatred exist???...are we all not human beings???...don't both american citizens and illegal immigrants work together to keep this country moving???...why are people complaining that immigrants are stealing their jobs???...are you really telling me that you're fighting for a spot to work in the fields and to possibly be exploited???...so you can bet that a lot of illegal immigrants are gonna be moving back home or moving to another state...it's a big victory for haters today...i can only hope that Obama is able to work on reform soon...to stop this kind of injustice to good, honest, and hard-working people who's dream is to seek a better life and to give their children the opportunity they never had...

June_Ushikoshi_Aka_June_Asia
Posted

@jony. They struck down the stopping part. Only part that did not strike down is, onece they had a good reson to stop, they can look it up to see the immigration status.

Supreme court also "warned" Alizona law makers and police, the targeting can not take place based on the racial profiling.

They can not do, "go up to any one and ask for paper" practice, where the Origi al Arizona law allowed.

... I will make a little more comment after I actuall read the ruling...

June

Elvia_Beck
Posted

Wow! I knew there was a reason I chose not to be a US citizen! I have dual citizenship with other countries. Just in case things get nasty here. The US is headed for trouble. How can they have these types of laws when the US is nothing but immigrants? We all are from different origins. My Grandfather was from Latvia, my Grandmother from Germany...My dad was born in Berlin and yes he was a Nazi and she was a Jew. My mother was Native Indian....but I was born in Mexico...It's cheaper to have babies there. My mother had 3 of us across the boarder and 1 in the US...she didn't make it across in time. US is getting crazy. I'm leaving my options open.

Posted

oh ok i didn't catch that part...thanks for correcting me June...but well it's still bad news...=/

Posted

Yes it is Jony! It's also horrifying when when mexican nationals are forced to be a part of drug/gun trafficking to keep their families alive and when they get busted US police/sheriff/marshals and legal autorities don't listen to their pleas and are jailed while family members are killed! What happened to asylum for the persecuted!

Posted

Yeh Debbie, I agree with u 100%, I seen that Happen on the Programme, Banged Up Abroad, It's Terrible.

Posted

@Jony I agree. As an immigrant who only have green card and not yet citizen, I have felt steady pressure against outsiders.

U.S. seem to swing open to close to open.

My specialty is assessing economy and quantifying verifies risks, and it is a pretty oviouse logic, only way we can lift ourself out of breaking social security and other social transfer program is by increasing the proportion of younger generation in the U.S.

Most logical way of achieving that is by inviting more immigrants in.... Especially the people who is willing to do the job we are not willing to do. Net net, they contribute to tax revenue through sales tax and indirectly through property tax by paying rent to periphery owners.

If we don't let them in, we a doomed..... This harassment against migrant population in, is negative for our economic growth in a long one.

Not mention, so many are good people who are worthy of being in this country, in many case more so than some less desirable haraters who were born here.

June

Posted

yea...well we'll hopefully see if Obama does something to stomp on these haters...

Posted

@jony, I think the real answer and salvation are within each of us, rather than any one politician.