who would like a weekly bible study? - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

I think it is a shame that our Christian room has been far to quiet for for too long! Those of us who are trying to learn and follow Jesus' example need to be a stronger influence in our own community.

The bible study is going to be mostly based on the teachings of:

Dr. Charles Stanley
InTouchMinistries
Atlanta, Georgia

Let me know what you think! Check them out online, I personally think this pastor is a very good teacher. Really, don't hold anything back!

John_Grant_61544
Posted

I am all for bible study but do so on a daily basis in my prayer. so what interests me is what scripture is saying to me each day and how that relates to lived life and the message i try to pass on to others. most days i listen to people in my fellowship talking about what God is doing for them that they couldn't do for themselves. this is where my faith grows.

Posted

I totally agree john. We can all attain great amounts of knowledge but without actual experience it doesn't become wisdom. Then when we are able to share those experiences with others struggling and hungry for our Lords help in similar situations, faith grows even more.

I myself study and read the word daily and then have my own bible studies. When I first came to gays this room was alive, active and supportive. In the last 6-8 mo. It has become passive, quiet and empty. I'd like it to become better then it used to be.

John_Grant_61544
Posted

My thought for today: Matthew 10: 24-25. From my daily prayer these verses jumped out and got me thinking. My own experience was that getting qualification and position apparently made me master but this hid a confused insecure person with low self-esteem. Each part had qualities but also fed into character defects. What a time it has taken to me to see this but learning from others and continuing to grow.

Posted

I Pray that I may Delay Action Untill i feel that i am doing the right thing.
I Pray that i May not Rush in Alone.