Jony_Star

You Supposed To Be Helping - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

so my mom, grandma, I go to these food pantry places...and my mom noticed that they had her info wrong...so i wasn't here..i'm going by what my mom told me...but my mom had mentioned that she had been going to this place for a while now...and well some lady says "you've been with us for years and you haven't had at least one job???"...my mom was outraged...and told her "i thought your job is to volunteer and help people in need not to criticize them...you comment was uncalled for...not to mention that you're out of line by making such a comment"...the lady apologized after...but that's the one problem my mom and I have with people who volunteer...some of them take advantage of your situation and wanna push you around and treat you poorly...if we're going to these places...we go out of necessity...not because we want to...some people can be unbelievable...

Richard_Edwards
Posted

You are right, that woman was out of line. I have volunteered at my church's food pantry, and we don't treat anyone that way, my church would not allow that. Even if a client is difficult, we do not say such things, we call a clergy member to speak to the client.

Posted

i do admit some people are rude...but my mom wasn't being rude at all...my mom was so upset when she was telling me in the car...that she sounded like she was about to cry...that's how mad she was...

Richard_Edwards
Posted

You also have the option to report the volunteer to the organization.

Posted

well that's what i told my mom...but since she apologized...she decided to let it go...