GAY - Get HAPPY

Posted

You probably know this definition of the word - gay - "good as you" - G A Y. I'm just as good as the next person, whoever they are. If you call yourself gay, it means you have taken that courageous step of breaking into a new freedom where you can be your true self and whatever other people say about you is their problem, not yours, because for the first time in your life you are being the person you were born to be, and no-one - that's right, no-one - can take that away from you!!

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

I never knew gay was an abbreviation.

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

That's cool, thanks for sharing.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

We are not an Abbrevaition we are proud of what we are not to hide behind a trick.

Alfawolf

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

To be precise, that is an acronym, not an abbreviation. :-)

Dennis_Mix
Posted

what ever it still is trying to hid the real meaning of what we are.

Alfawolf

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

Not hide... augment perhaps. Considering that the word 'gay' has acquired a pejorative connotation in teenspeak, its time we took the word back assigning as many positive meanings to the term as we can!

Posted

Sorry to "set the cat among the pigeons" as it were. I was just trying to mention about one meaning of the word. Bethany, it is an acronym. Dennis, can you come up with another definition of who we are? I am not in the business of hiding behind anything, having spent 63 years doing just that.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

If you think that you need a fraze to hide GRAND ARMY YEARNING

Alfawolf

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Vary good ..........

Posted

When I was a kid I was told gay meant happy
but I know a lot of sad gay people.
I want to change that.

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

The way to change that is to support gay-rights legislation to outlaw discrimination against gays and their legal rights to marry and benefit by the protections of civil-unions. Also by educating friends and family that their homophobia is irrational and small-minded.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

You have to get the churchs to quit preaching hate.

Alfawolf

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

TAX them!!

Posted

Oh sure we blame churches and goverments it is the easy thing to do.
People can walk out and vote make changes.
I think it starts at home and in schools where children learn bullying because someone seems different.
Last night I spoke to a muslim woman in the chatroom who was very shy at first
and later told me that she was terrified by her government
because gay sex is illegal and punishable by death in her country.
I find your views interesting Beth because you help run a site that demands conformity.
A lady such as her would not be allowed on that site. Which also states "We believe in freedom"
Prejudice is everywhere and will be until we all stand up and except people are all different and have the right to be different.

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

Its true, Carol. At SweetWhores.org we discriminate against whole countries because of the pandemic cultural degradation of women practiced by male-dominated regimes there. If we had the capacity to reliably differentiate each applicant from these suspect countries and be certain we were allowing in only real women, it would not be necessary to erect these barriers. As it is we can only play the odds and play it safe. There is also the conformity to site rules which the owner of the site has every right to insist upon since she is paying all the bills out-of-pocket. SweetWhores is less a public social-site and more a private party where the hostess gets to invite her guests as she sees fit. It may not seem fair, but when guests are invited into one's home they must expect to conform to certain rules of social etiquette demanded by their hostess.

Posted

Well that was even more of a surprise do you think it's ok to discriminate against whole countries?
Of course sites are run by who pays  and everyone has the right to run their sites as they please.

Wow and that folks is why prejudge will never end if people think it's ok in the home.
Ask any gay or lesbian teen how their parents reacted to them when they came out to them and sadly the answer is not in my home.
If these people can't tolerate their own children being who they are then this is a sad place.
This is why there is so much gay teen suicide all I am asking is for tolerance.

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

Sally's prejudice is against misogynist males, not gays/lesbians, Carol! Our whole site is a sanctuary for lesbians, which is why we try so hard to keep males out!

Posted

When building a fence the owner was asked"is this for keeping people out or in?"

I wasn't really talking about your site Beth but as you keep bringing it up.
I am sure it is fine for those who tick the right boxes.
I was talking about the bigger picture.

Posted

I try to keep this group light and fun for all people here.
So Bethany maybe the 'Politics & Economics' might be more for you.

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

Aren't we having fun, Carol? You invited me here and now you're inviting me to leave. (do I detect discrimination?) Now I'm a sad gay person which is what you said you wanted to change when you started this thread. Why exactly DID you invite me here? I believe you started this exchange: "I find your views interesting Beth because you help run a site that demands conformity." Was I not supposed to respond to that? Terribly sorry... I won't let the door hit me on my way out.

Posted

OK sure I am having fun but after a few complaints.
I am simply asking you to take your anger to maybe the 'Politics & Economics' groups
where you can reall let it fly.
You seem to be angry at the world right now and I thought a happy group would be good for you.
As I don't know of any 'I'm an angry bitch mad at the world' groups here. LOL

I don't care if people miss spell words or use an acronym, not an abbreviation.
I gave you a chance to tell people about your site not tell people you
"discriminate against whole countries because of the pandemic cultural degradation of women practiced by male-dominated regimes there."
You just seem very political and seem to be screaming your views at the world.

I am not asking you to leave, just think about others who read your negitive thoughts on life.
I know I can't make everyone happy and you are not the first to say how dare I try.
I know you would never let the door hit you on the way out because I am sure you will be demanding to have the last word.

Posted

All I can say is that when i get asked to fill in a form with my sexuality i am proud to tick lesbian and if its not there i draw a little square, write lesbian next to it and put a huge tick in the box.
This does not mean i am against the word GAY, I am what I am and proud of it.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I think if you block countrys the gay and lesbian in that country.

Alfawolf