Bethany_Frasier

Sacred Night At Summer's End - Poetry Group

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

At dusk the leaves glow golden through the forests of the enchanted isle while the veil slips thinner and thinner between the worlds of the living and the dead. I follow you through the sylvan mists as winter follows summer with wistful thoughts of those we have left behind upon our eternal journey. Mortal hearts too lament those dead souls with whom they would draw into communion this sacred night. The moon rises. Summer's sun sets, and night falls with a crisp, borean chill. But my skin flushes with a night fever and my heart pounds beneath my breasts. Upon the candle-lit thresholds of locked doors, gifts from the harvest are offered up to departed souls, and the sidthes will rise from the cairns of their barrows to take the offerings as we join in the dance of the dead. In our erotic reprise we join once and again, our altar piled high with ricks of seasoned oak and mistletoe, laid high and lit by the embers of quiet hearths ere they were doused for this last summer's night to be lit anew upon the winter morn. By the great autumn fire I will find you, amidst the tall, standing stones of old where we have danced through the Samhain nights, danced through eternity...together.

The fire is kindled. Glowing embers crackle and lift into the night on streamers of hot gases then cool upon the chill breezes from Thule. My heart blazes with the heat of the fire and my desire for you builds with the inferno around which we dance. I stalk you from the fire's edge and my bare feet pad lightly near the coals as they spark and roll to the edge of the circle we trace around the glowing pyre. My hair whips around me lifting from my sweat-soaked skin in feathery arcs, tracing circles in the air around my twirling body. My hands twist as charmed snakes rising to the music of reeds, and the beat of echoing drums. They call to you. Beckon you to fall into my orbit as I spin upon the dew-drenched leaves. Your eyes are lit by the flames as you sway and turn, seeing my breasts lift and bounce in cadence as my damp hair dances upon my wet skin. My nipples harden under your gaze and you are transfixed by desire, as am I. Your skin glistens with orange flickers as the fire plays strange lights which ripple around your sensuous curves in ephemeral caresses. My juices flow between my thighs as your body calls to me...and I come!

My fingers mesh with yours as our bodies twirl. Your lips find mine and our tongues dance searchingly. The Goddess we honor fills us as the vessels we are and we pour our love into one another with the ageless passion of mystic femmes. She is the eternal spark. We the eternal flame. And tonight we burn, lighting the night at summer's end. And beckoning the winter morn.

(c) 9/9/09 Bethany Ariel Frasier

Posted

I had to read this one again, seriously. I normally don't go for romantic poetry..but damn....intoxicating...to say the least

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

Thanks, Evelyn! I always love to stir an emotional response from my readers.