Ashley_Smith_42677

Not quite the right fit - The Rainbow Lounge

Ashley_Smith_42677
Posted

Hi guys, I don't know if anyone else experience this, but I regulary get the feeling I don't really 'fit in' with different crowds. I always feel like I'm not gay enough when I'm around gay people, and not straight enough around my straight friends. I know we're all individuals, and its not really bothering me that much, just thought it would be interesting to hear what your opinions are when it comes to being 'gay enough' to proudly wear the label.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I do get that feeling sometimes but have quit thinking about it.

Posted

Aye ne too, sometimes walk into a conversation a transsexual and come out feeling like a mere drag queen. It gets easier to ignore though, so chin up

Posted

Yes, I have felt that, especially when I went to the lesbian bar. I wasn't quite butch enough for the somewhat harsh games of dart, air hockey ect even tho I enjoy that sort of thing and I wasn't femme enough to join in there stuff.

I have just learned "I'm me and that's fine enough"

Elvia_Beck
Posted

Everyone has felt that way at one time or another. Being social camilian is not always easy! Butter side up or butter side down...do what makes you happy. It's not you who is uncomfortable, it's them.

Elvia_Beck
Posted

Wow Debbie, we don't have lesbian bars in Myrtle Beach. Just a couple of gay bars and mostly men!

Posted

When you feel sexually attracted to men you're gay. It's as simple as that. If you feel you do not fit in a crowd, find another crowd. Ask yourself what you like to do with your life: in your study or profession, what kind of food you like, your hobbies, things that make you happy. find people qith the same interests Look them up and remember: everybody is different. Have fun.

Posted

This is when I worked in Santa Clara

Ashley_Smith_42677
Posted

Thanks guys, at least I'm not the only misfit .... I think its just that most of the gay guys I hang around with are almost always a lot more femme than me, not by choice, it just sorta happens. Likewise, the straight men are never the soft sensative types. Like I've said, it does not bother me that much, I'm with a man who more or less is just like me, and I guess he's the only like friend I need right?

Tommy_Storey
Posted

@ Ashley,
As a Bisexaul,i now,just go with the FLOW.
but i know what you mean tho ..................

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Hi Elvia
My lover and I went to Myrtle Beach and we saw the same thing...Not saying the bars were bad but sometimes we just enjoy talking and drinking and playing pool with the girls..Why don't someone start one for the ladys of Myrtle Beach...

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I am sorry Ashley that was off your discussion..When I was younger and not married I felt the same way so all I did was hang out with those that love me for who I was ...

Elvia_Beck
Posted

Well Michael, I really don't know why they don't open a Les bar...not too much Pride or motivation here....this yr we will not even have Pride...we may have a GayDay...maybe, Gays here are so disbanded and competing never pulling together. Myrtle Beach is also not as open as I thought it would be.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

We found that out when we were down there but did stay at a hotel that was very nice to us knowing that we were a gay couple and celebarting our anniverysary...They even gave us a upgrade and put us in one of there 2bedroom 2bath suite...