tell me the truth

The truth is harder than the lie and knowledge
that i see in those eyes

So please
All im asking for
Is a Lie.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

How weird, I was being stocked and I told the guy that I love someone else and he first asked me why I couldn't lie. Then he asked me to lie. I did.

Ashley_Smith_42677
Posted

Its always difficult for us to accept the truth. A lie is easier to live with, you know its not true, so it can't really hurt you as much as the truth.

Posted

Yes. Ashley you are very right. Its one of my main reasons for this piece. Most days the truth is not my friend so this just flowed perfectly or imperfectly.

Posted

Timothy I never would have thought that something like that could happen but it makes sense for him to prefer a lie to reality.

Ashley_Smith_42677
Posted

Its an old cliche, but the truth shall set you free. We need the truth, without it, we can never really progress.

David_Kirkpatrick_61460
Posted

The truth shall indeed always set us free-----eventually; sometimes, though, we are not ready to be set free, especially when we're not ready to let someone go....... I guess it's also not really a lie when both parties know what's really happening. Sometimes it also leaves a door-- or a window open-- and sometimes it comforts us, while we move on; personally, I'm a slow 'mover-on-er'. : ))

Posted

Your right it is old but theres nothing wrong with that.
David im like that too. I just got out a relationship n well it didnt end on such a good note and still we fight without being together.

Posted

Cindy!!!! You know i love your poetry but this you .. Call me ok. You know lying to yourself will get you nowhere.

Posted

Im not calling you for a few reasons. Dont want to and even if i did which i dont i couldnt cuz i have no number.