Fighting spirit - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

Sometimes keeping my faith and my spirit up is the only way from keeping me from falling apart.

Posted

I know exactly what you mean.....I think. I have been listening to lots of soothing songs, not even my easy contemporary Christian CD's. But more soothing to my spirit like. Enya, Yanni and nature then I read some passages in the bible (Ps. 3o was very comforting a few months back) and then I say silently to myself, with my eyes shut, "bs still and know that I am God" over and over and suddenly I am thinking it's God Himself telling me to be calm and remember He IS God! I hold the bible to my chest and this amazing calm and peace are there...........I feel so good, that I don't want to move..................................peace..........................quiet.....................................................and then my dog is there bugging me to go out. But without those moments and reminders, I would have crashed and burned!

Posted

Be strong! We all know the feeling of weakness. My Grandma always said Pauls Words from 2. Chor 12,9: 9 But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Be strong because of the strength of Jesus Christ

Manuel_Delossantos
Posted

well some ttime god he try to help us but we can't understent when he sent to us a signal , so well my faith is so big and i m belive in god and i let he handle my life

Posted

This is true Manuel. Sometimes I need to go thru things over and over until I get it and need to make a change!