Cynthia_Morris

Forgotten Star - Your WRITES

Posted

Summary Chi lives the life of someone forgotten until the day her twin sister Freya finds her 17 years later after being separated at birth. But the thing is Chi isn’t like Freya, she’s a forgotten nobody with no past and no future and now that she’s pregnant she’s certain she has no future.

17 Years Ago

There was a wail heard as the nurse laid down the first of the two baby twins in the nursery. She had never in all her years as a nurse seen two twins like these two baby girls as well as the connection they already shard. It was just too bad that they were about to be separated into two different lives. One was to be adopted by the young couple standing on the other side of the window while the other would be given to the father. A lone tear slipped down her wrinkled face at the very thought as she picked up the other twin allowing her one last moment with her sister, something that neither would have for 17 years later unbeknownst to the nurse. As she walked away with the baby girl nobody noticed the whimper from the other twin still laying in her basinet waiting for her time to be taken to her father.

The lone thought that echoed through both twins minds as they were separated was goodbye sister.

7 years later, Uptown

Music could be heard playing as a little blond girl was seen dancing and laughing with her father and younger brother. The expression on her face was one of pure joy at the thought of turning 7 and finally being another year older to catching up to her older brother Shimbo who was 9 years old.

Shimbo was sitting watching his family play for his little sisters birthday while waiting for the many guest that would come for her party and then torment him for the rest of the weekend. Oh yes he adored his little sister but sometimes he just wished for her sake she had a sister.
A honk brought Shimbo out of his thoughts as his mother called for him to open the door for the birthday girl.

As soon as the door was opened there was a flash of color go by him in the form of many little girls in tights and tutus and soon followed by the girls parents.

“Hello Shimbo, how are you today?” Asked one of the parents

“I’m fine. Here ill take the girls things up to Frey’s room for the sleepover tonight. My moms in the kitchen and dad’s in the back yard in the dance room with Frey.” He said taking the bags and leaving like the proper brother of the hostess. After all she IS the princess of the family of all males.

In the back yard Freya was laughing with al her friends as they jumped, twirled, and danced around the entire yard, never one stopping to take a break. And that’s how it went the entire day of her birthday. The girls would go from dancing in the Studio, then to playing tag or the other games her parents had arranged for her and then jump into the swimming pool to cool off only to start all over again. Food was eaten in between playing tag and dancing. But when the cake came Everyone sat around the table outside as the birthday girl blew out her candles and wished for the one thing she knew she could never have, a sister her age.

That same Day Downtown

“Damn it girl cant you make my breakfast any faster! Your so useless, Why I ever kept you in the first place is beyond me. Forget it your cooking taste like shit. Give me that beer out of the fridge along with that lunch so I can finally leave. When I get back this house better be clean or else you’ll be back in that closet without dinner!” That was last thing she heard from him as the door was slammed so hard she was still surprised it stood on its hinges.

Looking around the room that was where they staid she felt the bile begin to rise inside but held it at bay knowing if she didn’t make it she would be locked up again without food for another week.

Everywhere she looked there was trash covering ever surface of the floor, table, bed or possible sleeping space. Empty bottles littered the floor as well as the glass and vomit that she knew was there after the effect of Friday nights party. Sighing to herself Chi did one of the only things she knew how to do in life, began to clean the pig stock that was her home.

While she cleaned she began to sing the song she had heard earlier that week by a singer named Frey.

“Once in a while
I act like a child
To feel like a kid again
It gets like a prison in
The body I'm living in

Cause everyone's watching
Quick to start talking
I'm losing my innocence

Wish I were a little girl
Without the weight of the world

It would be nice
To start over again,
Before we were men
I'd give, I'd bend
Let's play pretend

Remember the time
We had soda for wine
And got by on gratitude

The worst they could do to you
Was check your attitude

Yeah, when fights were for fun
We had water in guns
And a place we could call our own
How we lost hold of home
I guess I'll never know

It would be nice
To start over again
Before we were men
I'd give, I'd bend
Let's play pretend

And when it's the end
our lives will make sense
We'd love, We'd give, We'd bend
Let's play pretend

It's not going to be long
before we're all gone
with nothing to show for them
Stop taking lives, Come on
Let's all grow up again
It would be nice
to start over again
before we were men
I'd give, I'd bend

Let's play pretend

And when it's the end
Our lives will make sense
And love, even
Let's play... Pretend.”

By the time she’d finished the song she more than had half of the room cleaned up. Smiling for the first time in a long time she finished what was left and went to put the one dress she owned that was given to her by an elderly lady who had seen her one night while working and taking pity on her in her torn state of dress. She’d been given a horrible beating once she’d arrived home. He’d thought she’d taken his money to buy the dress and so she hid it from him in the one place her never went, the cleaning closet. The dress wasn’t anything really but a plain cotton black dress with sleeves, it didn’t fit right but it got the job done to make her look more appealing for her customers.
As she left the house, locking the door but leaving the bathroom window un locked so she could climb in without notice she left the house to do what she’s been doing every day since she’d turned 5, selling what should have been precious and sacred, her body.

Turning 14

As she walked down the street back to her corner she never noticed the man that was following her nor the sounds of the other running prostitutes. She had been in her own world again singing another of the songs she’d heard from the singer Frey but this time it was a song called Banner.

“Maybe it's bricks and mortar now,
Whether or not they run it down
I don't want anything to shake that shape away
No one told us which way to come
Nobody mapped oblivion
So I go growing roses in the disarray

Just like most, falling head in
'Til my ghost fills the bed in

So lift it up like a banner
Hold it up over me
If this war is never ending
I'll take this love down with me
Like a banner
Like a banner”
The sounds of sirens were coming closer but still she was unaware of anything around her but the song she was singing and getting back to her corner before it was taken by one of the other girls.
“I don't need fate to give it time,
It doesn't take pain to change your mind
No weapon can sever the soul from me

Not the sorceress, not the money
All my cleverness, all my cunning

Hold it up over me
I'll take this love down with me
Like a banner
Like a banner
She was just a bit away from her corner as she continued singing
It's around me in my surroundings
It counts me when it starts the counting
In the chaos there is a standard
I'm carrying it like a banner
It's around me in my surroundings
It counts me when it starts the counting
In the chaos there is a standard
I'm carrying it...

Hold it up over me
I'll take this love down with me (like a banner)
Like a banner
Hold it up over me (like a banner)
If this war is never ending (like a banner)
I'll take this love down with me “
It was as she stopped singing did she finally hear the sounds of the sirens, but it was too late. There was no hope for her. She was in the district where everyone knew if you were there what your business was and she knew there was no way out. She just hoped that this time they wouldn’t keep her over night. She needed to get back to fix the house again and give him the earnings of the day.
As she turned around the man that had been following her grabbed her and cuffed her hands as he marandise her and brought her into the back of a police car.
As he drove to the station he began asking her questions.
“What’s your name?”
“Chi”
“When’s your birthday?”
“My what? What’s a birthday?”
“You don’t know what your birthdays is? Then wait how do you know how old you are?”
“Simple I don’t, at least not anymore. I got lost after 9 and the years well they blend in .”
“Ok then where do you live and what’s your full name?”
:My name is Chi I told you that. Where I live well that doesn’t matter really.”
“Yes I understand your first name is Chi but what is your last name?
“My what? What’s a last name?”
Here’s an example Frey the famous singer whose song you were singing her full name is Freya Yuzuki. Hmm now that I think about it you look like you could be her sister. Anyway that’s a last name. Are you really going to sit there and tell me you have no last name.”
“I don’t. The only reason I have the name Chi is because it’s the one word I wouldn’t stop saying at all times and the only thing that got my attention when I was younger. So that’s what I was told I would be called.”
“This is my last question and then I will let you off depending on what your answer is to the question. Do you understand?”
“Yes”
“What were you doing in that district? Were you really doing what those other girls were doing?”
“I wont lie to you and say no, I was but it’s the only way I can survive without being killed.”
A that’s the officer swerved and had to pull over. “What do you mean without being killed?”
“Sorry but you said that was the last question. Are you going to let me go or take me to the station?”
Sighing the man made a decision that would forever change the course of his life.
“I’m going to let you go but I want you to stay away from the west side on Fridays. We do raids over here every Friday so it would be smart to go to the east where its more low key, but beware of under cover cops ok.”
“Why are you helping me?”
“Because you look like what the little baby my grandmother once told me she took care of would look like if she were in her teens, and my grandmother adored the child and her twin sister. I’m going to drop you off at the Bart can you get home from there?”
Yes my home is very close actually thanks a lot.” As Chi got out and started walking away she stopped and looked over her shoulder and asked “What’s your names sir?”
“Hideki Motosueo”
Smiling Chi turned back around and began the walk to the hell hole she called home, with new questions that would plague her for at least a few months.

With Freya

Freya Was looking at her parents faces with a look of pure disbelief. She knew she was adopted but she never knew she had a twin sister out there in the world. A sister she had been wishing for everyday of her life since she was 5 years old.
“Whats her name?’ She whispered
“Honey we don’t know. After adopting you we were cut off from the father. The way the adoption went was we would get the first born of the twin girls. The other would stay with her mother and father, but your birthmother died in childbirth and the father got sole custody of your sister saying he wished to continue the adoption to honor his late wife’s wishes. You were the first born and so became ours while your sister staid with her father. The last thing we wanted was to separate you two but we couldn’t take in two babies.” Her mother said with a grim look on her face.
Freya knew she told the truth just by the look on her face. Shimbo had after all told her about how their mom loved children and she had learned from experience that it was true. After all she was a bit spoiled.
“Mom don’t be sad but well I would like if its possible to know her. It would be the best present ever.” With those words she hugged her parents and went to her room. Never knowing that those words would be the spark to start the fire.

3 years later

Chi stared at the stick that laid in her hands. She was pregnant. After three years she was pregnant. Three years of being raped and then leaving to be used by other men and women alike. She was Pregnant. Pregnant by a devil in disguise. She felt disgusted. But then a thought came to her, the test could be wrong.
So she did what the other girls did when they got a scare she went to the clinic.
Ms. Saki please this way.” Said a nurse
Gulping chi began to follow the nurse into the room. Sitting on the bed she laid down and had fallin asleep in minutes.
When she woke up the doctor was there smiling a grim smile.
“Chi you came in here to find out if you were really pregnant and well you are but I need you to answer a question for me. Have you been using protecting in every sexual interaction that you have had? This needs to be answered truthfully it is very important. The last is How long have you been being raped?” The doctor more so demanded than ask.
I cant say every time but in the last few years yes. The other um well girls told me and helped me get some to be more safer but not before then which was only about a year ago. Why is there something wrong? And er um foratleastthreeyears.” she said the last bit all in one breath.
“Chi please repeated that and slowly.”
“For three years” she said with tears finally beginning to fall from her eyes.
“I thought so. Chi you have internal damage done to your birth canal as well as from what I can see other organs. If you have this child you will die.”
When those last words left the doctors mouth Chi smiled, said thank you and left faster than anyone could blink an eye and was never seen again.

Middletown

Freya was just leaving the studio when she bumped into someone. Turning to apologize she bring her hood back up as to not be recognized. She froze in place at the sight before her.
There standing before her was a girl that was an exact replica of herself. Or almost, there some differences seeing as the girl had cut her hair to her shoulders, she looked to be pregnant, she was very dirty with torn up rags cover what little they could and she was shivering in the pouring down rain. But of all those things she was humming a tune. A tune she was very familiar with because it was her song. It was Pretend, the