what do you think about age differences - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

10 years seems to be ok
What about 2o yrs?
Or 30?

Posted

When I was 23 my friend was 38. That was not a problem. I do not think that the difference in age (no mather the number of years) is a problem for a pair of friends/lovers as long as both of them have an understanding for each other.

Problems usually come from people around them, relatives, parents, society.
There is of course a legal issue, when one of them is under age, so you have to be very careful if that's the case.

Posted

I can't see a problem with age difference no matter how big or small the age gap is, yeah some people may dig an issue with age gap / difference, but aslong as you're both happy together, I really can't see a problem.

Posted

Agree with you Kate)))))))))))))

David_Cloud
Posted

We should all enjoy what we have to offer others and what others have to offer us, regardless of something as arbitrary as the number of years we have lived. Celebrate the way we connect with each other whatever our ages.

I sometimes wonder which is the primitive society - the simple early societies where age seems to have been simply a linear path between birth and death or our present society where it is sliced and diced into all sorts of age-related subgroups, sub-cultures, norms and taboos.

I think age difference can be enjoyed as much as peer group friendships as long as the friendship/relationship is based on mutual understanding, respect and love and expectations for both that are realistic and accepted.

David_Cloud
Posted

Anyway Debbie, really good to see you back here !

Posted

I agree with you David, afterall it's only those in society who may have an issue with age difference, hate too say it but, that's their problem.

Be realistic and materialistic, if both love eachother, understand and respect each other then where is the problem, after all age is mearly a number

Posted

Of course I agree that there should not be an age problem when 2 people love each other. All I tried to point out is that in the situation where one of them is (legal terms) under age, anybody can cause a problem by shouting the p word..

David_Cloud
Posted

Klaas, I didn't disagree at all with what you had said. Hope you didn't think I had.

Posted

No not at all. I just wanted to make very clear that even when things are absolutely fine in a relationship with a bit of age between the people involved in it, the problem can come from the outside and can turn very nasty indeed.

June_Ushikoshi_Aka_June_Asia
Posted

I generally think 20y is a lot.... To overcome. Two people who goes into a relationship with a lots of known obstacles, should be aware of the pitfalls so they can navigate to maintain a healthy relationship.

It will take more work than not having the age difference, all else being equal.

June

Posted

I agree with Kate, Age is just a Number, if both ppl are Happy, well that's it.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,Debbie,
I agree whith every thing what
has been,said,about,AGE,is just a number.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

By the way,Debbie,i am 63,and my Boy Friend,
who i am a item with,is 51. So it does work,
And as it has been said, AGE is just a number, lol xxx

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Deb you know that Donnie and I are 10 yrs apart and in Sept we will be together for 25 yrs..So age should not make a difference if you find the right person...

RompinRick
Posted

Well I have been with 18 yr old and 60 year old. As long as we were comparable it was great.

Posted

Thank you everyone! My ex's have been 6yrs, ten yrs older and 17 yrs younger than I. I was always told that appeared to be younger then my recent partner. Now I need to figure out the whole compatibilty thing!

gstanescu84
Posted

I have no problem dating older guys than me, irregardless of the age difference.

Posted

Sat., May 19th, 12, 21:40 Hrs. M.D.T.
Hi Group,
I Live With a Roomie/BF, for 25 Years.
Age Difference About 12 Years, Been
a Long Time, Surprisingly.
Tnx.,
Operater.

Posted

i think each person has to decide for himself, but at the moment every guy over 30 is to old for me