LABELS - Get HAPPY

Posted

I was invited to join this group and done so immediately when I read its descriptor - '...for people who hate labels'. One of my pet hates, particularly on application for employment form, is where the employer has written things like - 'we are an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate against people on the basis of - they then go on to list various 'labels' like - Age, Religion, Marital Status, Sex, Sexuality, Race, Colour, Creed etc etc etc.
TOTALLY UNNECESSARY. Why oh why will they not just write - WE WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT. FULL STOP. STORY ENDED.
WOULDN'T THAT BE MUCH BETTER? ANY THOUGHTS OR VIEWS - I'D APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK. Thanx
Jimmy D x x x x x x

Posted

Well with application forms, you can understand name, dob, gender, contact details, but there really is no need for relation, marital status, race, colour, creed, sexuality etc. I fully agree with you Jimmy.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes i do too !!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxx

Dennis_Mix
Posted

That is the way it should be but they don't do that and they do discriminate.

Alfawolf

Posted

What about 3 Legged and 2 Headed Monster's. ?

Posted

Totally agree with you Jimmy xxxx

Posted

but your forgetting one important point, that employers have to discriminate,and are trying to get the best person for the job, i work in the building & shopfitting industry making doors window and profile mouldings of all sorts, do you honestly think that if my employer knew my past history, or gender, i would have a job, probally not, and its only because of anti-gay equalities & rights that i have some protection.
And all employers only want to make money, dont care about you, your a number,or a wage slave.
No different than a sex/body slave, employer just dont need to house & feed you.
thats the capitalist system.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

That is the way the US is and you can't get around it and you lose your job they say he wasn't doing the job the way they wanted

Alfawolf

Posted

and if you think the facist or communist system is any better, afraid not,only difference, more concentration and slave camps.
And in wages, all are downgraded to same level, all get to starve,whilst the politburu,live a life of luxury,and are fetted and chased after by big buisness or U.S Leaders, so that equal rights looks good.
The USA, is still not a member of the european court at the hague, for human rights.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I know that in Canada it is better than we have it to some respect.

Alfawolf

Posted

those are some great arguments. I was just going to say that If they don't use specific terms people might claim they were discriminated against on the basis of intelligence, age, cultural or socioeconomic background, but you're arguments definitely point out the problems on a larger scale.

Posted

WE WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT
Wouldn't that be wonderful to see or even just 'we try not to discriminate.'
Because the fact is when there are labels people judge others not on what they know but stupid ideas.
I wish people would just take the time to give others a chance and get to know them.
Because Age, Religion, Marital Status, Sex, Sexuality, Race, Colour, Creed and Disabled are discriminated everyday.
Thank you Jimmy for joining the group and stirring the pot so to speak.
This is the reason this group is for everyone because the simple fact is we all deserve to be happy.

Posted

I never like application forms , so much hassle =/ But so far in our city , such an application with those like sexuality wasn't ever mentioned.. So was that a good thing ? Maybe you all wanna come Singapore to work ? ) Carol I know you wanna come here - haha

Posted

well ella singapore has grown, outwards and ever expanding, its fast becoming a metropolis, and the streets are clean, and dont take chewing gum, as in singapore its banned.

Posted

Ailean I don't really care If they ban chewing gum - besides never like to eat those - heehee .. But I wish they open more Uk films Coz those are ban =/ And yuppp Singapore is growing rapidly. And a very multiracial country,,, Name a food .. we have It all here - lol - hahahaa xx

Posted

Umm I'm guilty of sending chewing gum to singapore
I'm so bad.

Posted

and a modern up to date transportation system, a port that became a world port,and then a large town, now a metropolis in the 22nd century, singapore has seen a lot of change, since its days a an empire outpost of imperial british empire.
Even has a nice friend of mine there too.

Posted

well its not that bad yet carol, and i agree with the ban, i dont use gum, its a filthy habit,after you chewed, the person sticks it somwhere, and usually its not in the bin.
Was out in the far east back in the 80's, on tankers btw the gulf and japan, it was good money, and at least i got to see something of that part of the world, even been to cuba.
But that was long ago, and dont ask me why i came home, i still dont know the answer to that one,mabey i missed scotland,mabey it was the glens, but it was home.I have family & relations all over the world, United states, canada, India, and Pakistan, as well as Australia, mabey some day i may visit them, who knows, what life brings, but if i can before the end, i have to go to Massada, in Israel, and also visit the memorial in jerlusalem to the holocaust.
Thats important to me, and i am not jewish,christain, nor muslim, its just me.

Posted

Carol , don't feel guilty heehee .. I don't mind to receive from you If you're sending here - hahahaha .. I agree with you Ailean , I never can understand why some are so nasty , why can't they be more civilised , wrap It in a tissue and throw It away to the bin .. We have lots of mischiefs act so Idk If that's the cause of the ban - lol

waw Ailean , no relations in Singapore ): You almost fill up with the whole world heehee ..

Posted

large families, and most are now married and settled all over the world and have children.
me i have 2, and there now grown up.
and the world is a big place, but getting smaller now with all the friends we have on here.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I would love to go to Singapore I have not been in that part of the world since 1969 when I was in Nam. I got to Bancock.

Alfawolf

Posted

umm you know you went off track with this discussion.
and I'm going to have to start spanking you guys who do that. LOL
((((kidding))))

Posted

@Dennis , If you really love to be here someday , visit Universal Studio at Sentosa for a fun , and don't miss the Thrilling Awesome Transformers Ride

@ Carol :

Lemme stuff a metal plate at the back of my butt b4 you spank :P heehee .. You won't do that Carol (; Coz you love all of us so you won't wanna spank us - hahahahahhaaa

Posted

I would like a Spanking LOL

Dennis_Mix
Posted

I will kiss it and make it better heehee

Alfawolf