Jony_Star

Is Flirting Considered Cheating??? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

so just out of curiosity how many of you consider flirting as a way of cheating???...me i'll tell you right now...that although it's not really the same of having sex or making out with another person...it might as well be...cuz when you flirt with someone...you're pretty much showing interest in another person...so to me cheating would be if you're interested in another person that isn't me...

Posted

I have to admit Jony I am a big flirt, but when I'm with someone I seem to shut off from flirting, so I tend to agree with you xxx

Posted

so a friend on facebook brought up a point...not sure if it's good or bad...but it is interesting...so she says that although flirting is about attraction...mere attraction isn't enough to get in the way of a meaningful long-term relationship...but if it does then your relationship or significant other wasn't as important to you after all...i think it's a way of switching it around...making it seem like it's a jealousy thing...but it's really not...but it does make me think...

Bob
Posted

The big difference is intent. Some flirting is simply harmless fun, yet I am a firm believer that if a relationship has any value then the two people should easily be able to communicate anything at all to each other, such as one being uncomfortable with the flirting of the other with a third party. If the relationship is not solid enough to communicate such minor things then there are strong questions to be answered regarding the validity of the relationship and it's continuation

Rafa_Tena
Posted

Im totally agree with Bob. I am a flirty person. I tend to flirt with everybody but its just who I am. I have my bf and I havent cheating on him and I wouldntdo it because I'm totally in love with him. It is JUST FOR FUN. And im glad he's not jealous because he knows that im just having fun and I respect him a lot.
If it is like you are saying, to show interest in a third person, then anybody could cheat with their thoughts. Since they are looking at someone else because they were attracted to them. isnt it?

Posted

Although I agree with Bob that it all depends on the intent, I think I'd rather be with someone who is not flirty because its where unlikely things begin. I also agree that if the relationship is solid and built on trust and honesty then there should be no problem. Of course you can't help but think when your partner is constantly doing the bad habit of flirting. It's hard to tell if the intent is harmless. Can anyone really be honest? LOL. If you love your man then, there's no reason for you to flirt with anyone else. I also think that if you respect your man and the relationship then you should behave. Anyway....so many people...so many ideas........so many different ways to interpret this kind of issue.

Posted

i do believe bits of flirting are ok and quite healthy at times. If it is over the top though, it can get hard to ignore and palm off as just innocent flirting.
My husband was flirting with almost every person on his facebook and would ask men blatantly online for pictures of there privates and such. He made out like it was me being jealous in this situation and made me feel guilty about this for quite a while before I found out he didn't love me.
It can be harmful to a relationship but not if it's innocent flirting.

Posted

Well...
I'm unsure, flirting I wouldn't say it is cheating bur I wouldn't say it's okay when you're in a relationship.
If my boyfriend was flirting with someone who wasn't be then I would rip seven shades of shit out of him, if he cheated on me he can say goodbye to his manhood cause I swear I will castrate him!
If he was flirting with someone else then he would lose a great deal of trust from me because I'd see it as he's flirting so how long will it be until he takes the next step? So I wouldn't be able to trust him as much, but thankfully, I trust him with everything, I can't see him doing anything like that :3

Tommy_Storey
Posted

No,i do not think that,Flirting is Cheating,in any way shape or form,
as long as,there is 100% trust,with both party`s,and you treat it
as being just a bit of FUN,for the sake of a bit of fun,Only.

Me and my Man have no problem what so ever in FLIRTING.
As we Trust each other 100%,know how far to go,and above
all else.there is "NO TOUCHING" involved what so ever,at any
time. LOL, xxxxxxx
Tommy,xxxx

Tommy_Storey
Posted

At times on here,i some times.flirt,Big time !!!!!!!.

My man know`s that i am on hear,Firting.!!!

But that is not a problem,because,that we both
know,that is as far as we will go.and that is it,!!!!!!!.
Tommy,xxxx

Posted

well everyone seems to have a different take on it...i agree it's also falls under the trust and communication department of the relationship...some flirting is harmless...i admit most of my flirting is harmless...but there is such a thing as going too far...then again i agree with Jay...when i'm with someone and that someone means a lot to me...i don't really care for anyone else...sure that guy is cute and oh look at him he's hot...but that's as much as it goes...i agree that everyone looks once in a while...but as i've said before flirting is showing you have interest...now since i don't flirt...am i gonna expect my man not to flirt...well yea...but as Bob mentioned before...i think it be best to talk about it...and decide whether to flirt or not...and establish a line that we can't cross if we decide that we can...these are all great and interesting views...

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Some times,it is alot of fun,to make
the art of Flirting,into a fun Game,!!!!!!!.

I must add tho,It only work`s if you abide
by the Rules of the Game too the Letter, LOL. xxxx
Tommy,xxxx

Rafa_Tena
Posted

that's totally true. Its all about communication. I have to say that it is my personality. Blink of an eye, pose or do these innocent flirt things it is what I am. And I have to say that all of these worked for me to get free drinks before (and I havent kissed or screwed with somebody) Some other people are funny, i am flirty. However, as I said before, I wouldnt cross that line of being a slut.
Probably, I could say the way I flirt it makes it as innocent. And that's all. I love my boyfriend and I am 100% commited to him.

Posted

Depends on how far u get into it
a few compliments aint to bad i suppose :P

Posted

well yea...if the bf is interested in the personality well then looks don't really pose much of threat...but if unfortunately falls for more attractive guys...well so much for that...and also true Tom...compliments are fine as long as you remember you already have somebody...and maybe that somebody would like to hear those compliments too...lol...

Neil_Hilde
Posted

Look, but don't touch!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with flirting. So, you show interest in someone else? Big deal. As long as you do not cross that line, whether it's been discussed with your significant other, or not, there really should not be any reason that a "taken" can not flirt.

Posted

well this assuming you're in a serious relationship...