Why do people judge us? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

If there is one thing in life I do not understand it's why society and people in general judge gay people and gay men in particular. It seems like Americans are more accepting of Lesbians than they are of gay guys. This issue is so bad I have so many friends who got fired when their bosses found out their orientation. We're all human beings so what about us makes us so different? Homosexuality is not a sin nor an abomination. Homosexuality can not be placed in the same category as a drunk, lier, cheater, or killer because those characteristics are choices that people make, homosexuality isn't a choice. God isn't stupid he's God. He know who he made gay and straight just as he know who he made tall and who he made short. The Bible represents the time in which it was written. God loves Gays...so why can't everybody else?

Teddy17
Posted

I agree 100%

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

to start with you fiends can sue fo being fired there are laws on that so check it out contact THE TRUE COLORS ORG thay can help on that . well is it a sin people keep giving me the bible speach but no wheres did i find where it says that but than iam not chistian and would not want to be apat of somthing that comdems me as a bad person cuz iam gay ,but thats life and i deal with it

Posted

Tachuwe is correct mark. There are anti-discrimination laws,and when you think about prejudice in general; Does any of it ever make any sense. Sometimes it's not the people that are being discriminated against,but then those who discriminate. In other words,maybe it's not us,maybe it's them.

Posted

Sun., April 29th, 12, 20:45 Hrs. M.D.T.
Hi Group,
In Canada Its Illegal to Discriminate Against Others Based on Sexual Orientation But I'm Sure There are LOTS of People Who Hate Gays in Canada B They are Preachers, Right Wing Red Necks, or Who Ever.
If the States Had Federal Laws on the Books About Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation etc It Would B a Whole Different Ball Game. It Wouldn`t B Open Season on Gays Like It is Now. and I`m Sure a Lot of States in the South etc Would B Really Ticked Off. . Just My Views Based on What I See on the Other Side of the Line.
Tnx.,
Operater.

Mark_Card
Posted

In MI itis a right to work state so it is perfectly legal for employers to fire someone for being gay. I think that is so Un-American.

Dennis_Mix
Posted

In most states it is illegal to discriminate but they do not stand by it and the courts look the other way unless you file suit and have lawer that will fight all the way.

Alfawolf

Posted

People are very uncomfortable when they don’t know how to categorise someone. They even feel threatened if they can’t classify you in a certain way. Anything or anyone out of the ordinary is shunned and scoffed at, simply because they can’t comprehend. Anything that can’t be understood, needs to be analysed, dissected and criticised to the max. When it’s still not understood, when it still makes no sense, it’s belittled and basically thrown out as something that’s not part of the norm, so it doesn’t fit in with the rest.

This is basically how gays and lesbians are perceived by straight society. We don’t fit into their scheme of things, into their future plans. Just like we don’t understand how a man and a woman can have sex, they don’t understand how two guys or two girls can have sex. We don’t care about it, but for some rhyme or reason straight people have to take issue with it, simply because they feel threatened.

Posted

So why? Why do we do it?
We are indoctrinated to compare, criticise, and deride ever since we were born. Criticism and comparison is instilled in us right from the beginning when we opened our eyes and could start to see and then understand what mommy was saying. “No, that’s not good.” or “Don’t do that.” or “No, this is better than that.” And it goes on for the rest of our lives. “These are good people.” and “Those are baaaad people.”

From Kindergarten, through school, then on to university, right into or working lives. We’re hit with advertisements that one coffee is better than another, another type of toilet paper is more absorbent than this one, this is that, that is this...... We’re forced to make choices all our lives, never left to our own devices in picking what we want. If we think something is crap, we trash it, if we think it’s good, we raise it up to the heavens.

Nothing ever just IS ! And this indoctrination carries into all aspects of our lives “Oh, look at her big ass!” and “How does she manage to stand up straight with those tits?” or “Why doesn’t she go for plastic surgery?” and then “OMG, she’s had sooooo MUCH plastic surgery.” It never ends......

As sentient beings, we need to let go, and appreciate the variety in all of us. It’s not a threat. It’s a BONUS !!

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Maybe that is why I am the way I am. My parents told me you will find out and make the right chose the way to go.

Alfdawolf

Dave_Mack
Posted

The key here is education. When they realize the GAY employee can do a BETTER job than the one they are rplacing him with theimgs will change. The discrimination is a state by state thing. Here in Massachusetts IF you do discriminate based on orientation you will be sued and you will lose. So many employers will falsiy the reason and not admit its because the person is gay.

I can tell you one thing. If you wanna make an employer (who would then be an EX employer) think, and be concerned remind him WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. He may think you are threatening him. Maske sur eif he questions it that you are not. Just tell him its karma. In the past I have done that (Tho I've never been fired for being gay) and trust me it makes them think.
Good luck

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

I totally agree

Heebie999
Posted

Someone said "we're indoctrinated to do it" and that's a bit part of it.
But.. there are other parts of it. We (no matter where on this planet you live) live in male-dominated societies.
Men have a fascination with lesbians.. the stereotype that men would love 3-ways with 2 women, and would love to watch 2 women "go at it" actually come from somewhere, like all stereotypes. (don't get me wrong, stereotypes in general are not necessarily correct, but they are based on traits that seem "abnormally common" among particular groups.)
Men also have a drive to be seen as "macho" which is in part instinct, and in-part taught. (Humans are pack-animals, and pack-animals are driven to be as "high" in the order of the pack as plausible, and some are driven to desire to be the Alpha Male [the one in charge of everyone else])

The drive towards the top of the pack generally drives guys to want to show off, to appear "macho" and "in charge" etc.., and to appear strong.
Being gay, especially being the "bottom" in a gay sexual relationship is commonly seen as both weak and feminine (any of us who has ever bottomed know there's nothing weak or feminine about it, really, but that doesn't keep them from being common misconceptions.)

Not wanting to be seen as "weak" or "feminine" in a male-dominated world often drives people to try to make their position as being "not gay" very, very, very clear, to the point where they get crazy about it, and "I'm not gay" becomes "I'm no damned faggot!" to try and emphasize the point.

The worst homophobia, unfortunately, tends to come from closeted gays. Somewhere deep down they know they are "gay" and that if anyone knew, it could jeopardise their position in society (from their perspective.. that really depends on the society.) so their drive to distance themselves from homosexuality is even greater than the straight guys.

In both the cases of straight guys, and gay or bi guys, overcompensation leads to nastiness.

I know some of that sounds ridiculous, but eventually you'll see how many ridiculously homophobic people end up coming out, or get "caught" with rent boys, or trolling toilets.

Someone else said education is the key, and he's right. Education in the mass media has come a long way, but there are still plenty of churches, and hate groups out there that preach hate, and if the educational system and parents aren't working to counter the groups above, those groups continue to gain traction.

Also, when economic times get bad, as they are now, these groups point the finger of blame as us, and black, and jews, and democrats, and republicans, and whomever they want to try and make seem unfavourable in society, and the problem gets worse.
The recession has certainly cost any groups fighting for equal rights some of the headway gained in the years before it. When people are worried about money, they think a lot less about equality, or about "right and wrong", or the environment, they worry about keeping a roof over their heads & food on their backs.. so keep that in mind in these times. It'll get better again, in time!

I hope that all makes sense... it's been a long time since I took psychology and sociology.

A lot of this is psychological, but even more of it is sociological, and the sociological portions are getting "better" faster than the psychological bits.
Societies are adopting laws that forbid discrimination, and the mass media is showing gays and lesbians in much more positive and mainstream ways.
These are bringing about fundamental changes in the way society treats us.. but it's taking a long time.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes Todd,i must admit,
you do talk alot of Sense
there. xxxxxxx

Posted

Can tops take it like bottoms can? I think not. So in essence we bottoms are the REAL men!

Dennis_Mix
Posted

If you have no preferance then what do you say? I like it eather way I am easy

Alfawolf

Posted

There’s a fine line between preference and discrimination. Most people can’t tell the difference.......

Posted

My Fuck buddy is a Bottom, and he describe's himself as a Bitch.

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Yes,i am a TOP,but if you think
about it. !!!!. With out us Top`s
then whare would all the Bottom`s
be. ?????????? LOL, xxxxxx

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Or should i say,all you Bottom`s out there. ?????????. lol. xxxxxx

Dennis_Mix
Posted

We understand you Tommy and we can't say any thing.

Alfawolf